MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

my buddy drew Ky elk tag

Melman

My Buddy just told me he drew a Kentucky Cow Rifle tag and I think I'm more excited than he is. We have been applying for years and have always said, if one guy draws the other will tag along for the ride. I know its 7 months away but I already can't wait to go. if anyone has any tips, they would be appreciated. I look forward to telling the story of our trip this December.

Congrats! There is a lot of info on the fish and wildlife website as far as harvest rates, public access, etc. I would recommend calling the local biologists for where you want to hunt.

Two elk tags in KY this year already that is highly unusual. Congrats to your buddy problem is the fact they are so hard to grab it's not many guys who have info. There was a HT member last year who drew a bull archery tag may do some searching here to find the thread.

Have been told it's good idea to use an outfitter. Best area's are old reclaimed coal mine lands. Lots of private also. Access is easier with a good local outfitter.
Great average trophy sizes are taken there though, so coupled with tuff draw odds , I would seriously try to go guided.
Good luck and hope you can find some better info as the tags are few so ya gotta make it count!

My wife drew one two years ago. Are you going with a guide or DIY? We went DIY. If you decide to go that route, put in for one of the LEA's. We were on a pile of elk. She had an archery tag so I found an archery only section of public inside the LEA and we were covered up in bulls every day. There is public next to where we were that is open to rifle. I would be more than happy to share the spot we went since it is unlikely either of us will draw again for the foreseeable future.

Back