idaho elk application question

Westside

So i plan to over the counter archery hunt Idaho this year so i figure ill throw in for the controlled hunts. I am a non-resident as is my hunting partner. i have been looking at the odds for the controlled early rifle hunts and could be persuaded to rifle hunt if drawn, i have picked a couple of units that have greater than 10 tags and odds from 3-8%. My question is i cannot identify if the odds posted on Go hunt or Idaho's webpage are for an individual or a party? Is their a difference between a party and individual application regarding posted odds?

The odds you reference are for an individual. A groups odds will be lower than an individuals odds. For you and your partner to be eligible to draw a group application there must at least 20 tags available for that hunt code due to the nonresident cap.

Okay, so how are those odds determined? I get the 20 tags thing and am looking at a couple units with more than 20 tags for sure. I guess i'm just trying to have a "realistic" chance at drawing. Would our odds essentially be halved? Even one rifle tag between the two of us starting October 1 would be really cool.

It depends on the # of applicants in your group. For example if there are 4 applicants on a group app but when that group is selected there only 3 tags left that group would not be drawn. 2 hunters on a group app probably isn't a huge hit to draw odds- though that is dependant on the # of total available tags.

Thanks guys, group of two. Appreciate the quick responses and good info, definitely looking at a unit or two with decent amount of available tags.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back