Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Scope Recommendations

I just started putting together a light weight mountain rifle and was looking at the Leupold VX-2 ultralight 3x9x33 (9.3 oz) until a friend told me about the Leupold VX-3i Rifle Scope 3.5-10x40mm CDS (21.6 oz) that only weighed a few ounces more with a lot more features. The VX-3 was a lot more on Leupold's website ($584) but I was able to find it a lot cheaper ($390) from a reputable dealer on ebay. I have sent in two older scopes in to Leupold for service and they have repaired them and sent them back with no questions asked (I do wish they would communicate a little more, like Vortex). I hope that helps.

As others have said you do t need a 50mm objective. Going smaller will reduce weight and cost. 42-44mm is a good compromise and a 6x mag will fit nicely if you are only out to 200yds. A 3-9x will cover all but above 6x the light gathering has little effect in a 42mm lens. Leupold and Vortex do some really good scopes which will be what you are asking for. For me in your price range a secondhand 6x42mm Schmidt and Bender Hungarian would be the dogs danglies.

Last edited:
It really depends on what is comfortable for her.
My wife likes a BDC reticle as she is uncomfortable adjusting knobs.

She has a 4-12x44 Vortex Crossfire II on her Rossi R243, and regularly shoots to 500 yards. (target only, she has no desire to hunt)

If 200 yards is a long shot, then a 3-9, or a 4-12 would probably be a good match.

The Crossfire would be a good match, I think. 4" eye relief, good glass, and under $200.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back