Two pice quiver vs one piece?

Hookedonhunting

I currently use a one piece easily removable quiver. But it seems like I see a lot of the TV and youtube guys running the two piece. Can someone enlighten me on the benefit of one vs the other? Thanks!

You will shoot better without the additional surface area of a quiver full of arrows. Therefore I always use a one piece removable quiver. I practice with the quiver on for the times I'm not able to take it off, but of the dozens of animals I've killed, I think I had the quiver attached for 2 of them. I can't really think of any advantages of a 2pc quiver over modern designs like the TightSpot.

I love my TightSpot. I can take it off when I want and it's rock solid when left on. You can't do that with a 2 piece. I use the same bow for whitetail and bears, quiver off, and elk, quiver on. Practice both ways and you'll be good.

Ditto on the tight spot, by far one of the best products I've ever bought. Once you use it you'll never look back.

+1 for tight spot. I think a lot comes down to what and how you hunt. If you're tree stand hunting whitetails, it really doesn't matter what quiver. Chasing elk in the mountains where that quiver probably never leaves the bow...tightspot

In the olden days when bows had much more hand shock than they do today, I always preferred a 2 piece. The longer distance between the hood & holder meant no arrow vibration noise when the bow was shot. However, today's bows have negligible hand shock so that reason no longer exists.

I would vote today for a one piece and my next quiver will be a Tightspot! However, I never take a quiver off so that doesn't enter my reasoning at all.

Not me... I've been bowhunting for over 30 years and have always had a 2 piece quiver. Much more solid and less chance of tweaking than a one piece quiver. If you're removing your quiver to shoot, your bow is going to shoot different... no matter what you believe. Right now I'm shooting a Xpedition bow and it doesn't have quiver mounts so I am shooting a Tight Spot. I'm not 100% satisfied... I'd like to see high speed video of that thing vibrating after the shot... I bet we'd all be surprised. Anyways, just offering different perspective... Ed F

I knew there would some good opinions in here. Thanks guys. I usually whitetail hunt and remove it when in stand. But was thinking (after watching so many elk hunting videos) I would not take it off at all. So I've been practicing with it on. But my current one is a little bulky and does have quite a large amount of slop in it's connection point. Something that is not adjustable. So I may consider a two piece. I am also going to check out the Tight spot! Thanks for all of your inputs!

So I've gotten the recommendation for a one piece....How about a two piece recommendation?

Depending on your bow, Hoyt makes a nice two-piece.

That said, I really like my Tight Spot. One piece and removable, although I never take it off when I'm hunting. It is nice to be able to just pull it off when you are tuning your bow, tinkering, etc without having to remove all the arrows one by one.

I've never found the need to spend a lot of money on a quiver. I've always used Kwikee Kwivers.

I have a kwikee release quiver but I leave it on pretty much all the time. My bow is actually a little quieter with it on.

The only time I remove it is so the bow will fit in the bow/rifle holder on my 4 wheeler.

I've always shot two piece, feeling that it's tighter to the bow than most one piece types that I've tried...That and just like anything archery, if you practice with it on, you'll be fine and that includes shooting in wind...

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back