Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana Spring Bear Success: Photos and Video

neilmoore406

Beauty of a bear. Me n my wife just got home from Montana. Didn't get a bear tag cause I know me n I wouldn't have spent any time w the wife. We were up west of Augusta in a buddies cabin by the headwaters of the Deerborn, past Bean Lake, if anyone is hunting out that way we saw one hell of a cinnamon boar!! Wife of the owner of the cabin had seen him the week before we got there also.

Hey everyone! I have had a few people remind me how it's illegal to place a game camera in Montana during an open hunting season. I want to note (and I also wrote this in the video description on youtube) that the camera in the video was placed from April 1st-April 13th and was not out for bear season that started on the 15th. That is why I am not wearing hunters orange in the shot with the camera.

Not to pick nits, but the way the regulations read...from April 8th on, game cameras would be illegal.

IMO, I think Montana needs to clarify regulations on that, maybe they already have?

Nice bear BTW.

love your excitement. That is what it's all about. Congrats on a great bear and adventure. Way to keep going to the last minute. I know a lot of guys who kill studs on the last day of the season. Always a good reminder to me to just keep going and good things will happen.

Great video and sweet bear! Thanks for posting and for taking us along with you. Made my day seeing the picture of a skinned out bear draped over a bike frame lol.

I'm pretty sure I'm going back next year, if you want to try and kill that unicorn..
I can give a soft maybe at this point. Since we didn't take a "big" family vacation this year, I'm on the hook for one next year. And I'll be in MT this fall as I ended up with an elk permit that I wasn't expecting! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back