Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hunt Talk Bear Hunt 4.0

LCH,

The road was open all the way to the trailhead. We only ran into minimal snow between the lake and the falls. There were griz tracks on the trail. That was the first time I have hiked up there as every other time I went to the trailhead it had 12-30 vehicles parked there. I never felt like explaining what I was doing wearing orange and packing a gun to all the tourists. Luckily we only scared one group from Arizona that couldn't seem to understand why you would bring rifles while bear hunting.

I always enjoy this thread and look forward to it every year. Someday I'm going to do a Montana spring bear hunt.

Another great time, thanks for the camaraderie, laughs and stories.

We all benefited greatly from the 'can you top this' mentality of food preparation. As usual I took far too few pictures. But I'll leave this one as a highlight of my week. Wild CA boar loin over a campfire courtesy of JR.

Corned moose from the Big Hole valley via six of the guys' backs that were drinking beer around the fire. It went into a hash one morning for breakfast. I tried mule deer pastrami last year and other than Ben Lamb most found it inedible, this year's edition was much more of a success.

Right on. I bet the fact that a lot of the guys there hauled it out added to it's flavor. Lotta "Trophy Food" pictures there.

Back