Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hope you don't have a turkey hunt planned with this outfitter

Unfortunately, these idiots do more damage than just that when people read this stuff. I had a situation where we wounded a deer and tracked it into a neighbors farm. I called and got permission and knowing the other neighbors to the west were like that I stopped in and told them I was going after a deer and got permission from the land owner. Halfway across the blueberry field a Dodge truck came flying in and one of the West neighbors jumped out with his rifle yelled at us to get off and then shot at us from about a hundred yards away. Then another dodge truck flew up and it was the brother who proceeded to get the drunk brothers gun from him and made him get back into his truck and go back to their property.

I had a kid with me thru big brothers and that kid ended up in a panic attack. I ended up calling the cops and they arrested the brother and charged him with unlawful discharge of a firearm, which he was convicted of. That was the last day that kid ever hunted all because of one Idiot who thought he owned the hunting rights to the world.

If someone ever intentionally fired a shot at me while I was hunting I would bet that only one of us would be leaving there alive.

I've thought that too, but that wasn't my instinct. I never expected him to shoot at us and was caught off guard. When he did I threw the kid into the blueberry row next to us and jumped in with him. By the time I checked him over for a hit the other brother had already started to take his gun. This whole incident was under about a minute. Scarred the kid for life. What it ended up coming down to in court because he was about 100 yards away they couldn't prove he aimed at us. His defense was he shot off in the air to warn us his cattle were in the pasture, A 1/4 mile away! He said he thought we were going to accidentally shoot one of them. Where I live and hunt you can't go a mile with some type of farm animal being present. I'm 30 years afield and I haven't heard of one getting shot by accident.

I've thought that too, but that wasn't my instinct. I never expected him to shoot at us and was caught off guard. When he did I threw the kid into the blueberry row next to us and jumped in with him. By the time I checked him over for a hit the other brother had already started to take his gun. This whole incident was under about a minute. Scarred the kid for life. What it ended up coming down to in court because he was about 100 yards away they couldn't prove he aimed at us. His defense was he shot off in the air to warn us his cattle were in the pasture, A 1/4 mile away! He said he thought we were going to accidentally shoot one of them. Where I live and hunt you can't go a mile with some type of farm animal being present. I'm 30 years afield and I haven't heard of one getting shot by accident.

I don't blame you, you certainly did the right thing.

We are anxiously awaiting the outcome of this here in CO. He apparently has a long history of similar activities!

Had someone call us in dove hunting for apparently thinking there was an active shooting going on in the field, because of the excellent shooting. So a local deputy came out, drive into the field and proceeded to get out his AR and tell us to put our guns down and walk towards the vehicle. We walked up to him and told him we were dove hunting. He figured it out and got on the radio to tell the world there was no issue. The neighbors had horses and we were apparently scaring them and we were a half mile away so they wanted to mess with us. I think there was harassment tickets handed out as well.

Back