gaiters

prhunter

Can anyone recommend a decent brand of gaiters. I'm looking for some and would like to purchase a good pair. Thanks

first lite and sitka make my favorite ones. Have also tried kenetrek but do not like those as much. Louder and don't stay on as well.

I can't imagine you would need the stormfront during bow season unless you were hunting in seriously rainy of swampy conditions. I used them a few days last year during archery when I was hunting lowlands in incessant rain.

First lite traverse gaiters would work for most bow hunting situations and light to moderate rain.

I can't imagine you would need the stormfront during bow season unless you were hunting in seriously rainy of swampy conditions. I used them a few days last year during archery when I was hunting lowlands in incessant rain.

First lite traverse gaiters would work for most bow hunting situations and light to moderate rain.

Sorry, I really didn't word my question correctly. I don't bow hunt, only rifle hunt for Elk. The reason I asked was I saw your Avatar, and figured if they were too noisy for bow hunting, my guide might give me one of those "looks" while walking. I normally hunt the Colorado second rifle OTC (middle to end of October), elevation 8500 to 10000 feet. Would like to make the Sitka Gaiters work, but not sure which ones, especially if the Stormfront Gaiters are noisy. Most of my outer clothing is Sitka Optifade Open Country. Trying to stay with that pattern.

Last edited:
I'm in the "Other" camp.
I have the 'Kenny's, very comfortable and I have never had a problem with them "Staying" on.
After a few trips out the noisiness goes away.
I do love the front Velcro way easer then a back zipper.
I use mine all year wet / snow or not they keep the brush, ants, and ticks from
getting up my pant legs....
With a pair a chukkas there great in the summer.

Last edited:
I have a cabela's pair that has velcro up the front and they work great. Hardly ever go out without them any more. They keep my legs warm and most importantly keep my feet dry. A good pair is invaluable in keeping your feet dry, couldn't believe how much moisture comes in around the top of the boots.

I have the cabelas gaiters. They work well but they are bulky and noisy. My good hunting partner uses Kuiu and loves them. He has Sitka everything else. They do look durable and quiet. Going to try them this Fall.

Only have owned 1 pair; core 4, but I like em. Got some for my buddy up in Montana, he breeds n runs lion dogs, he loved em, n he puts em through the business chasing kitties!!!

Ordered First Lite Traverse for the wife and I. Hope they get here before the weekend.

I've been wearing the black Kenetrek gaiters for a couple years now and like them a lot... Wouldn't want to hike in the snow or mud without them.

Well, the first pair of First Lite Traverse showed up and were way too small for my wife. They were listed S/M on Amazon and listed M on the packaging. Not even close to fitting on a bare leg. Hopefully the large show up today and work for her because based on the medium there is no way the large will fit me.

I go my Sitka Stormfront gaiters a couple days ago. They looked really big when I opened the package, and thought "WOW THESE THINGS LOOK BIG !!" I got the L/XL. I tried them on with my Ascent pants and Kenetrek Mtn Extremes. They were a perfect fit, and look really good. They did seem a little stiff at first, but not really too noisy. I think the stiffness might relax after a little use, but the main reason I got them is to protect the lower portion of my Ascent pants when walking through heavy brush and downfalls. The heavier material might help them hold up when doing a 5 day hunt through heavy brush, and if I encounter snow, they will help with that too. I have been using a pair of Browning hydro-fleece gaiters, but they won't be going on my Elk hunt this year since I got the Sitka Stormfront gaiters.

How noisy are the solid colored gaiters from Kenetrek? I know the camo model is supposed to be quieter, but I would prefer a solid color like black or brown.

Cabela's had their low gaiters for sale. $20 to have dry pants and shoes? Can't believe it took me this long to buy some.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back