Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Browning xbolt

gman1

Just pulled the trigger on a 300 WM Browning xbolt and would like the members thoughts on what would be the best bases and rings to use.
As always, thanks for the help!!

Gman

Would Browning rings and bases be another good option?

Looks like they are the same material and configuration as the Talley Xbolt specific rings/base....except for the brand stamp I'm guessing they are the same.

Warne bases and rings if you don't want to pay Talley prices. They are not as light but you won't find tougher. Leupold QRW rings and bases if you like to take your scope off or want to have a spare scope as a backup. The scope holds zero when removed.

You will love the rifle. I use Browning X-Lock rings on my 3-9X40 Nikon scope and yes, they do look like Talley's. I will soon be replacing this scope with an SWFA SS 10X42 scope and will need to replace the rings with 30mm rings. I will likely go back with Browning X-Lock rings, since they have worked really well under the recoil of the 300 Win Mag.

For mounts and rings? Lots and lots of rounds through RUM's without a hiccup will keep me using Leupold. mtmuley

Big fan of dnz game reaper, one piece base and ring set. Light weight and durable.

I find out after some research that Talley makes the rings for Browning, In a Browning package but Talley name stamped on rings,
Gman

I just sent my Talleys back to the factory. When I center the adjustments on the scope and mount it in the rings, my poi is way off to the left and the subsequent windage adjustments to get zeroed are doing funny things to my scope. I'm guessing there's a hole that's a bit out of alignment on them. Hoping for a good resolution. So far, customer service has seemed good! I love these rings/mounts otherwise. Very light, attractive and easy to install.

I put Talleys on my Browning A-bolt Mountain Ti and like them a lot. I had to use Talley's customer service and they were fantastic. I will buy them again.

I have Leupolds on my 270. They work with out complaint. I love the x bolt. The only thing I dont like my 4.9 lb factory trigger.

Hard to beat Talley lightweight mounts on a hunting rifle, simple and reliable. They have replaced Leupold dual dovetails as my mounts of choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back