CO elk draw dates

Is it safe to say I didn't draw?? Or does it go up incrementally?

Sorry, drawing was complete when the 5xx codes posted. Do not despair, there will be bunches of good tags turned in for reissue after the leftover drawing happens. And you still get a crack @ the leftover draw IF you checked that box. Good luck.

Looks like we got deer and elk tags this year. Super excited!! It's been way to long since we hunted in Colorado!!

I'll be archery hunting elk with my son in unit 49.Super excited to see how good this unit really is.It's a 10-11 point draw for 1st rifle.Might contact a packer to get us deep into the wilderness with our gear.Time to pull out some maps.

I'll be archery hunting elk with my son in unit 49.Super excited to see how good this unit really is.It's a 10-11 point draw for 1st rifle.Might contact a packer to get us deep into the wilderness with our gear.Time to pull out some maps.

I worked with Tom Burch and Halfmoon Packing & Outfitting on a drop camp. I'd recommend him, for sure. His bunch can help you out

It's a good unit. I live on the edge of it.

I didn't draw a unit 40 4th season elk tag with 6 points, now I have 7 points and will hopefully draw in a year or two. I hope to pickup a very good leftover, if not I'm going to just rifle hunt in Montana. Does anyone know when the CDOW begins to sell leftover tags that were turned back in by hunters? I know the main leftover is in July 25th.

You also have the option to get an OTC tag. I'm not sure about the tags turned in? I want to say the beginning of Aug, but i'm not sure. It's on their website somewhere.

I checked. It's Aug 2.

Last edited:
I am heading back to hunt elk for the first time since 2002. I put in for a cow muzzleloader so could accompany a friend as he chases a muzzleloader buck in 74. Looks like we both drew and now the fun

I am heading back to hunt elk for the first time since 2002. I put in for a cow muzzleloader so could accompany a friend as he chases a muzzleloader buck in 74. Looks like we both drew and now the fun

My favorite hunt. A cow in muzzy season. Very relaxing and real good odds for success. A freezer filling good time.

My favorite hunt. A cow in muzzy season. Very relaxing and real good odds for success. A freezer filling good time.

That is what we are hoping for. My partner hunted up there last year with his brother and took a 5 point bull with archery. I am really looking forward to walking in 4 miles or so and setting up. We did that in the Pecos Wilderness in 2015 ( 5.5 miles in) and I was successful with a 4 point bull. It would be nice to fill the freezer with a nice fat cow!

I drew a cow tag! Now what do I do! ��
Better find some equipment or it's gonna be a rough mid October.
Only one way to make yourself do it. Get a tag and go with the clothes on my back if it comes to that!

I figured it out. I put in for a PP as first choice and a cow tag 2nd choice; I also chose an OTC tag if I didn't draw. The 022 Resident Rifle means I didn't draw any of my choices and will be sent an OTC. I kinda want to look over the left overs though....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksexton22
Back