CO elk draw dates

pablodiablo

Good Morning folks, from a newish elk hunter in the faraway lands of wisconsin.

Hopefully this is an easy question for the more experienced folks: historically, when do applicants find out whether they were successful for a Colorado elk application?

Any chance we'd know about Colorado before the Idaho deadline on June 5? Just trying to make my best application strategy, but also not wind up with more tags than I can use.

Thanks a million!

Thanks Folks. I saw that date on the CPW page, but the "planned" post date threw me off. As always, you guys rock.

Sounds like my plan of attack may work out well.

While I've never done it, (yet), isn't there a way to go in the backdoor on the CPW website and find out a few days early whether you drew or not? Seems like I've seen others comment on doing that here?

I've heard of this back door you speak of...and tried to weasel my way in through the website but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, or if it's just too early to know definitively.

While I've never done it, (yet), isn't there a way to go in the backdoor on the CPW website and find out a few days early whether you drew or not? Seems like I've seen others comment on doing that here?

Go into "Apply for Licenses". Fill out your info. Click on Habitat Stamps and All Other Licenses. Scroll down and there is a box of "List of products already on file" and if you have an item that starts with a 5 you drew a tag. The items starting with a 4 are just the applications.

My buddy at CP&W says they're supposed to be actually drawing licenses late this week. Hopefully you'll be able to check the backdoor by next week. He put in for a guaranteed 1st rifle bull tag so I'll post when it shows he drew it on the backdoor.

Doesn't look like the draw is uploaded yet, I checked the backdoor method and is showing a no go at this time.

Looks like the back door stuff is starting to come in, I got my bear tag. Elk and deer not in I think... I hope lol had an almost guaranteed elk tag so I don't think elk is in yet

I don't think elk or deer are up yet... I applied to an elk unit that is 50% with 0 points with 2 points so I could hunt with a buddy and I'm still getting the a code with a 4.

I'm still showing my points for Elk under draw status... so I don't think that one is underway yet, deer and moose points are gone though and got a bear tag.

Back