Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Finished out my spring in Nebraska last weekend

DRS

I want to say up front that I did pay for access to the land to hunt these turkeys but I located, hunted, called up, and killed them on my own and by myself so I didn't think it was a problem to show them here. I apologize if anyone is offended by my post.

The first one was by himself and lonely when I was able to strike him about 11 AM Friday on my way back to break for lunch.

The second one decided to leave the flock he was with early Sunday morning to check out the the purrs, clucks, and soft yelps he was hearing from a small group of cottonwood trees along a creek bottom. Bad mistake.

A nice brace of turkeys, and you traveled long to get them. Congratulations

Congrats on your success! Nothing to be ashamed of calling in a couple turkeys - public or private land.

I also paid for land access this spring. It is a 1500 mile drive to Kansas for me. I wanted to be certain that I had a place to hunt. The fee was for trespass only.

I also paid for land access this spring. It is a 1500 mile drive to Kansas for me. I wanted to be certain that I had a place to hunt. The fee was for trespass only.

That sounds like a good setup you have in KS. Tried KS public/WHIA hunting in 2015 and 2016 and really struggled both times with no success.

Back