Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

From City Boy to Hunting Addict

neilmoore406

First but definitely not last post!

My name is Neil Moore and I grew up right in the city of San Francisco. I luckily was able to experience the outdoors through climbing, backpacking, mountain biking and working on a search and rescue team. But I didn't know a single hunter or even someone who owned a rifle or bow until I was 18.

I moved to Montana for college to study wildlife biology and was immediately immersed into a new culture. After two years, I finally picked up a rifle and some tags to give hunting a chance. Let's just say I was immediately hooked. My web searches went from looking at climbing gear to pouring over maps of new country. My thoughts went from girls to six-by-six bull elk (ok, some thoughts about girls remained lol). And my weekend adventures turned from mountain biking on trails to hiking miles off trail to look for sheds and learn about animal behavior.

My first season resulted in a little mule deer buck. Next year a larger mule deer and a white-tail doe. Now 2017 is here and I'm ready for season three! I have already notched two tags this spring (my first turkey and bear) and I am ready for more! I have big plans for elk, antelope, mule deer, and even the unlimited sheep hunt in Montana!

I am all DIY, public land and 95% of the time I am solo. Both bow and rifle. I am stoked to be on the forum and can't wait to just keep learning and immerse myself in this awesome sport. I am a new hunter and I know I'll be a hunter the rest of my life.

_MG_7128.jpg

_MG_7374.jpg

_MG_7371.jpg

I live in Missoula! Hit me up if you want to explore and/or talk hunting

Neil Moore

Congrats on the bear and turkey this spring! welcome to the forum!!

Neil, looks like you're jumping right in. What a great time in life to find such a wonderful passion. Your success so far is astounding!

Hey, nice work! I love hearing of stories like yours. And congrats on the bear. That's a nice one.

Missoula is a great place to go to school. Plenty of elk hunting nearby. Congrats on the bear success. I'm still trying to get my first.

Congrats on your spring hunts.No doubt in my mind I'll be seeing more success posts from you this fall.Love the enthusiasm, reminds me of my youth

Welcome to HT and congrats on your early success your doing great. If you pull off that sheep hunt now I will surely be impressed with your success and let's just say a little jealous.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back