Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best way to sell guns?

Jorgy

I am pretty good at buying firearms, but have never sold one. I will be moving sometime this summer and am thinking of selling a few guns that haven't been hunting for 20 or so years. I don't want to go the pawn store route and not get close to fair market value, and gun shows really aren't my thing. How do guys go about selling your firearms nowadays?

Thanks

You can sell on this forum...ship via UPS, USPS, or FedEX to the buyer's FFL. You'll need a copy of the FFL to give to the shipping company. A rifle sized box ships CONUS for $20-30. Pistols must go through UPS and are expensive to ship.

I've sold via Facebook back when they allowed it and was quite successful. I just listed an old double barrel on GunBroker...cost for service is based on final sale value.

I have thought about this as well. Is the requirement that the seller get a copy of the buyers ffl for shipping reasons only? What happens if the buyer does not pass the background check when he receives the gun? I may be selling a rifle in the near future so I will be following this closely...

I have thought about this as well. Is the requirement that the seller get a copy of the buyers ffl for shipping reasons only? What happens if the buyer does not pass the background check when he receives the gun? I may be selling a rifle in the near future so I will be following this closely...

I've never had that issue though I'm sure it could happen. Work that out with the buyer before you sent it because I'm guessing his FFL would need to send it back to you via an FFL holder on your end (I think)...I would then refund the purchase price to the buyer minus any selling, shipping, and FFL fees I encountered due to his/her failure to pass a NICS.

If youre in the West Georgia area (The geographical area between Atlanta and the Alabama state line) and buy a firearm from another forum member I will handle the FFL transfer on this end free of charge. Just shoot me a private message for FFL info.

I know a lot of guys that have had success selling via a local/state hunting/shooting/gun forum or classified type ad services. Obviously you have to ensure you're abiding by all local and federal laws. As far as shops go, at least in my area, Cabelas seems to give decent prices.

I am pretty good at buying firearms, but have never sold one. I will be moving sometime this summer and am thinking of selling a few guns that haven't been hunting for 20 or so years. I don't want to go the pawn store route and not get close to fair market value, and gun shows really aren't my thing. How do guys go about selling your firearms nowadays?

Thanks

Whatcha Selling?

you know, I looked yesterday on the forum and for some reason I didn't see the "classified" forum, i thought maybe Randy took it down

Whatcha Selling?

Haven't figured it all out yet, but probably the following, I will get pictures and actual descriptions up soon in the for sale forum

Ithaca feather-light 20 ga with additional slug barrel
Belgium Browning BAR 30.06
Winchester model 12, 12ga
Savage 110 7mm mag
small handful of different knight wolverine muzzle loaders, youth stock, a few with thumb-hole stocks, and reg stocks
and old winchester 30-30 metal butt plate, not sure of the model number without pulling it out of the pile
youth Rossi combo, 20ga, .22cal

Jorgy, you have to go through an FFL now in CO. My dad uses a local pawn shop that deals in firearms and advertises through online sources also.

Primitive can still be sold FTF IIRC, but I stayed at a Hampton last night not a Holiday Inn. I'm not sure about shotguns.

The above is in no way sound legal advice...

In a parking lot out of the trunk of your car...cash only
Ah, the good ole days!

I have used Buds Gun Shop and Armslist for buying and selling, both were straight forward. I have also met people in parking lots and avoided the FFL fees.

I've sold one or two on this site and a couple on Gunbroker.com. For long gun's, you can ship to a FFL holder using USPS. I include a photocopy of my drivers license and the FFL in the package and give copies to the post office. Has to go priority mail and with insurance, shipping is around $45. You can also ship a pistol in the same way only UPS is the only shipper that will handle them if you are not a FFL holder also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back