Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've got something similar in mind, but with a few differences. I'd like mine to also double as a toy hauler, but the catch is my UTV needs an 80+" door/ceiling... I do like the layout you have and things look better constructed IMO than what comes in most campers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_pointer View Post
    I've got something similar in mind, but with a few differences. I'd like mine to also double as a toy hauler, but the catch is my UTV needs an 80+" door/ceiling... I do like the layout you have and things look better constructed IMO than what comes in most campers.
    You will need at least a 16’ to make it fit. With those ez tracks that bunk comes out in 5 min and I can fit a quad in there in between the kitchen and the bunk if I set it back in place. The floor will also fit a twin air mattress. However, at that point my axle is maxed out. I will probably have to upgrade it if we start using that way in the future. Check out R&R trailers in MI. They work with you and pics to draw out what you want. Price was better than some I saw premanufactured. The ones I looked at for a UTV that I stole the design from were upwards of 20k. They were a lot nicer finishes but I didn’t need any of that.
    Last edited by Addicting; 10-12-2017 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Really hate autocorrect

I'm thinking I'd go with fewer creature comforts than you did. However, what you did gave me quite a few ideas. In looking at used trailers online, at least around here, a dual axle bumper pull horse trailer can be had pretty darn cheap. It'd more than handle the weight of the machine, but that extra strength means the empty trailer is much heavier. Yet some of them are tall enough to fit the UTV. It's very much a "someday" project...

Quote Originally Posted by Addicting View Post
    Well after a summers work I am going to call it done for now as we set to leave on Monday for MT. I added a kitchenette, water storage, a removable bunk, folding table, insulated the floor with closed cell soft foam padding, added indoor outdoor carpet, and got my wife a portable crapper. It already was insulated with 12/110 volt power. I just upgraded the battery to last longer. Thanks to Buckykm1 for his help in letting me see his and giving me ideas.

Attachment 75225Attachment 75226Attachment 75227Attachment 75228
    Just curious (and if I am seeing it correctly) is that a gravity-fed water setup for the sink/faucet with the blue cans? Then it drains out the floor? Looks great.

I actually found a camper 12v pump system from 1978 in my dad old stuff. Never been used so I installed it. It doesn’t really need the pump as gravity would do just fine. I do have it drained down thru the floor to the ground for now. The plan is to install a tank or buy a portable one later. In the mean time if I have to I can drain into a 5 gallon bucket as well.

6. Default

I'm definitely romancing the idea of getting a setup like this. I want to be able to sleep 3 and have some good storage. I'm not handy. How hard is it to do this setup?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12