Germany

Nutria

Hello friends!

As I said in my introduction a few weeks ago, I hunt in Germany.
It might be interesting to you what happens in our hunting areas. So i decided to post what happens here around hunting an fishing from time to time.
Here at my home in the north-west i hunt in a smallgame area and in Brandenburg in easten Germany in a big game area.
Today, a hunting friend has shot the first buck of the season in our area.
At this time i was fishing at the lake with a stunning sunset.

Dirk
IMG-20170507-WA0000.jpgIMG_20170507_205754.jpg

Nice looking roe buck. What kind of fish are you fishing for in the lake?

In the moment it´s a bit early for good fishing. The water is still cold. Now i fish manly bream, tench and big roach.
Today i have met a few friends who are just preparing for nightfishing on eel and catfish.
On May 16th starts here the season for pike and perch.

Great pics! A hunt in Germany in on my bucket list. Supposed to be where my namesake and ancestors came from.

Good stuff, would like to make it to Germany someday. Hunting there would be icing on the cake. Can't wait to see more!

Beautiful.

Wish I could read German! The film shows how precious the passing of knowledge.

My immense respect!

Update:
Last days i mounted the best Nutria from the last winter.
I did it like we do with boar tusks.
Yesterday a friend has shot the next buck in our hunting area.

DirkIMG_20170515_204905.jpgIMG-20170517-WA0001.jpg

This evening I made a short fishing trip.
First to the pond on my parents farm to catch a few baitfish.
After half an hour I had enough roach and prussian carp and drove to my favorit spot. A confluence of 2 rivers.
What can I say... An other half an hour later, I had my first pike of the season.
Nice 6 pounder.

IMG_20170517_191648.jpgIMG_20170521_195558.jpg

Last edited:
Always love the pictures and updates. What kind of farm do your parents have?

After my parents died many years ago, the farm was no longer in use.
In the past we had cows and grown wheat and corn.
In this years it was a good live. But for today's conditions, the farm is just too small to live from it.
The land is leased to other farmers now. Except a meadow with old fruit trees, some forest and 2 fish ponds.
But my brother still lives there. ;)

Hi Richard,

Sadly no.
Approx. 15 jears ago, some clubs down the river startet to resettle sea trout in small brooks who flow in this river.
Unfortunately, some big weirs and power stations prevent the run upstreams. 4 Years ago we saw some large trout under a weir who could not get up. (about 4 meters)
Now all clubs at the river fighting for fish stairs and other options that they can get upstream.
But such a things costs a lot of money! :(
And the politicians who decide this want to be sure that the trout will rise and spawn permanently.

Greetings,
Dirk

Back