Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Sitka Accent or Mountain pants

Rainer

I'm looking for a early season pant that can withstand a lot of hiking and walking through thick under brush. I've narrowed it down but i'm looking for others opinions.

I've got the ascents. I like them quite a bit, especially when it's 80+ in September. I've been torn as well as to whether I should buy the mountain pant too.

My ascents feel a tad bit too lightweight for brack whacking. Hopefully someone that owns both will chime in.

I love my 90% pants.I've done 5 years of crawling for miles thru bear swamps here in Pa,and their still in great shape.I just bought a pair of mountain pants last year for back up.I think you'll be happy with either of the ones I mentioned.I don't really like the acent pant.They just seem really thin for the abuse I'd give them.

I've got both, I alternate between them quite a bit just depending on temps really. The mountains are a little heavier and a little warmer and I think a little more durable. My accents have been through lots of thick brush and pokey stuff and still look pretty good. Some small pulls in the material but not too bad. I've probably had mine for 6-7 years now.

I have the ascents and love them. They are great in the early fall alone and when it gets below maybe 30 degrees I layer long underwear and am tosty. For late season (negative temps) I do long underwear and ascents when hiking up the hill and then toss on my rain pants once I start glassing. I think the mountains would probably be worse in archery season but would be better as single layer for oct/nov. I have the kuiu guide pants which I think are in the same general category as the mountain pants and that has been my experience.

Love the new mountain pants that they came out with last year. Redesign made everything fit better and fabric quieter.

Ascents are perfect for what you're looking for. Just vary the weight of your base layer and you're good til November

Ascents are perfect for what you're looking for. Just vary the weight of your base layer and you're good til November

I agree, and it is exactly what I do. The Ascents are not "less warm" than the blue jeans I used to wear, or the cotton Cabelas Camo pants I used to use. It is a high tech material that breathes well, and I just layer under them according to the temperature. Best of both worlds for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back