NRA Warns Hunters to Prepare for War

I'm going to start selling meteor insurance because you will need it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not in 50 or 1000 years but at some point you will need it.

No need, the ACA covers it....problem is, all the carriers have left the market.

...but that's none of my business. ; )

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/senate-democrats-unveil-sweeping-gun-control-legislation-n440781

Just an example from what is considered a left leaning news agency. If you don't admit that the Democratic Party is interested disarming the public, you aren't being honest with yourself or the rest of us.

From the article:

Senate Democrats unveiled plans on Thursday for gun control reforms that include closing background check loopholes, expanding the background check database, and tightening regulations on illegal gun purchases.

The changes would "bolster the background check system by strengthening it and stopping those who try to evade it," the letter said.
It also calls for "shutting down the illegal pipeline of guns," specifically straw purchasing — where one person buys a firearm for someone not legally allowed to.
Joe Manchin, D-West Va., told Morning Joe on Thursday that his legislation made sense after Sandy Hook, and it "makes sense now."

"If we're going to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners, then we've got to stand up as law-abiding gun owners," he said, adding that Democrats had sometimes "gone way too far … on things they've wanted to ban," but that gun reform was "common sense."

Eighty-five percent of all Americans favor universal background checks on gun sales, according to research conducted by the Pew Research Center in July, while 79 percent favor laws that would stop mentally-ill people purchasing firearms

Do you want criminals to own guns? Do you want illegal gun purchases to occur? Do you want more guns in the hands of those who would use them as an aid to commit violent crimes?

At what point in that article does it mention anything about banning guns from law abiding people? Here's a hint: it says exactly the opposite of that.

The Democrats don't want to take your guns. They actually want to do something about the gun violence in this country, which is the job of government--to provide safety and security for the people living in the society it governs. And with 10,000+ murders every year with guns, coupled with an enormous financial burden on the taxpayer, it is not only negligent to do nothing about that, it's extremely short sighted.

[/B]

Guess your comprehension is a lot slow today. Read this very slowly - I AM NOT SAYING GUNS WILL BE TAKEN AWAY IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE! So all of your cute little chicken little, sky is falling, and boogy man sayings do not apply. Democrats will try to pass laws that SLOWLY erode at second amendment. I know this is not news to you since it is in your party's play book.

Have you read the Second Amendment with an honest eye? Then, have you read the "I read sentences going from the start, skip the middle, and then go to the end, while pretending I'm an English teacher" holding from Heller? I've had to read many tortured dissents and opinions by many SCOTUS justices, and that right there was the most tortured thing I've ever read in Constitutional law. The whole doctrine of interpretation from plain reading was mentioned, immediately crapped on, and then vanished, replaced with a bizarre tour de force treatise on the construction of sentences.

That's going to backfire some day, and in a big way. When that's going to happen, I don't know. But if the current Court survives Trump, it could happen fast.

Just because it seems necessary:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It takes a lot of Heller twists, turns, and backflips to read that any other way that what it says. Common sense says that the purpose of it was to have people be able to keep arms because the British could come back at any time--which they did! Consistent with that is the para-military reference to a well regulated militia.

Interpretation: Americans have the right to own guns in case we're invaded again, so that we can rapidly form an effective fighting force to defend the nation.

Frankly, it would have been a lot easier, and a lot more sound if the Court had simply said that owning firearms is in keeping with the long held traditions of the United States; that the tradition had sprung from the 2AM. That's because tradition is a concept in American Constitutional law. Here's what I mean:

Substantive due process analysis has two primary features of specially protecting those fundamental rights and liberties which are, objectively, deeply rooted in the nation's history and tradition, and providing a careful description of asserted fundamental liberty interest- Washington v. Glucksberg 521 U.S. 702 (1997).

Rights given to us by the Constitution are fundamental rights and others have sprung from that such as the right to marry, raise your kids as you see fit, etc. An interpretation of the Second Amendment giving us the right to bear arms would have been more palatably interpreted as "being deeply rooted in the nation's history and tradition" rather than all those words thrown into a blender and put on frappe' by the Court in Heller. Then they could have pointed out that the Second Amendment is made applicable to the States via the Fourteenth Amendment as are all of the Amendments.

It wouldn't have been so silly and it would have made future challenges to a more cerebral Court far more difficult.

Hell. Whatever. Our guns aren't going anywhere soon and we're all glad for that.

What is a common sense gun control law that we do not already have? And how will it keep people safe?

I live in one of the top 10 highest gun owning counties per capita in the US, and we had zero homicides last year. And any real crime that we do have is nearly 100% methamphetamine related, So I would be interested to know what laws we need to keep us safe…

I don't like the phrase "Common sense gun control". My idea of common sense gun control is probably different than Diane Fienstein's definition.

We don't need more gun laws PERIOD!!!! What we need is consistent enforcement of current laws that are on the books. I spent 28 years as a Deputy Sheriff for Cascade County. The Feds would cherry pick gun cases or even ignore slam dunk Felon in possession cases. It was dam frustrating with the politics involved.

We don't need more gun laws PERIOD!!!! What we need is consistent enforcement of current laws that are on the books. I spent 28 years as a Deputy Sheriff for Cascade County. The Feds would cherry pick gun cases or even ignore slam dunk Felon in possession cases. It was dam frustrating with the politics involved.

Yep. When my place was burglarized and a gun stolen, and later recovered by police it was found in a car with a meth dealer with a long felony rap sheet, and in possession of pounds of dope, running a prostitution ring and a hotel room full of stolen items.
The gun alone was enough to get him 20 years, BPD referred it to the federal prosecutor but the Feds declined to charge him for it but the ATF (which should be a convenience store) kept my gun for almost two years as evidence just in case they changed their minds.

Have you read the Second Amendment with an honest eye? Then, have you read the "I read sentences going from the start, skip the middle, and then go to the end, while pretending I'm an English teacher" holding from Heller? I've had to read many tortured dissents and opinions by many SCOTUS justices, and that right there was the most tortured thing I've ever read in Constitutional law. The whole doctrine of interpretation from plain reading was mentioned, immediately crapped on, and then vanished, replaced with a bizarre tour de force treatise on the construction of sentences.

That's going to backfire some day, and in a big way. When that's going to happen, I don't know. But if the current Court survives Trump, it could happen fast.

Just because it seems necessary:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It takes a lot of Heller twists, turns, and backflips to read that any other way that what it says. Common sense says that the purpose of it was to have people be able to keep arms because the British could come back at any time--which they did! Consistent with that is the para-military reference to a well regulated militia.

Interpretation: Americans have the right to own guns in case we're invaded again, so that we can rapidly form an effective fighting force to defend the nation.

Frankly, it would have been a lot easier, and a lot more sound if the Court had simply said that owning firearms is in keeping with the long held traditions of the United States; that the tradition had sprung from the 2AM. That's because tradition is a concept in American Constitutional law. Here's what I mean:

Rights given to us by the Constitution are fundamental rights and others have sprung from that such as the right to marry, raise your kids as you see fit, etc. An interpretation of the Second Amendment giving us the right to bear arms would have been more palatably interpreted as "being deeply rooted in the nation's history and tradition" rather than all those words thrown into a blender and put on frappe' by the Court in Heller. Then they could have pointed out that the Second Amendment is made applicable to the States via the Fourteenth Amendment as are all of the Amendments.

It wouldn't have been so silly and it would have made future challenges to a more cerebral Court far more difficult.

Hell. Whatever. Our guns aren't going anywhere soon and we're all glad for that.

A Dem recently attacked Washington DC. Dems seem to have major problems obeying the law of the land.

Regardless of your political ideology, it's clear that there is an issue with weapons availability to the mentally unstable. Dylan Roof, Jared Loughner, Robert Dear Jr, the Beltway Snipers, Adam Lanza, Columbine, James Holmes and now James Hodgkinson show that politics is less of a driver than mental instability. That mental instability is fed by a steady diet of pundits bashing fellow americans and the thought that people of the other political party "aren't even people." We've dehumanized ourselves and played in to the hands of extremists who would rather watch the world burn than compromise for the sake of the nation. The NRA is a huge part of that toxic stew.

Nugent telling 44 to suck on his machine gun, NRA telling gun owners to prepare for war, etc. We are all responsible for this mess, and it will take all of us to get out of it.

Put down your political bullshit and be an American.

YEP!!! Current Deputy myself... Had a felon in possession. On video, removing the firearm from his waistband. Admitted his status as a felon on camera. Admitted on camera he knew it was against the law. District attorney settled the case on a disorderly conduct charge and no prison time. One of many problems with the system that just isn't being fixed. He will be out of jail soon enough and guarantee the pistol I took from him won't be the last one he ever owns/carries.

. Put down your political bullshit and be an American.

Put down your's and realize that there are no laws, rules, or regulations that are going to keep you or anyone else safe. If someone wants to obtain a gun, they will find a way to do it. No amount of "feel good" gun control will do anything. Look to the liberal cesspools of NY and CA (and Chcago, also known as a third world shithole smack dab in the middle of America). All their feel good gun laws have only impacted law abiding citizens.

Consider me an extremist because I don't want to be punished for crimes committed by others. I will not slump down and acquiesce to insane nonsensical gun laws that will only restrict my rights, while criminals who will never follow the law are left to do as they please. I too have seen slam dunk felons in possession charges be declined by the ATF/Feds simply because they don't care.

This is what the Left wanted.

Last edited:
If you truly think that progressives want war, then I feel sorry for you.

Conservatives aren't bad people. Progressives aren't bad people. We have differences of opinion on issues important to the nation. The rhetoric such as yours is why this nation is pulling itself apart. It takes more guts & brains to sit down with someone you disagree with and have an honest dialog about what the problems are than to yell at people on the internet.

The NRA wants conflict. it's how they make money. I had a call from them as a lapsed member and they basically wanted me to swear fealty to Wayne LaPierre to fight the liberals. This is how we lose our nation.

Ya sure the progressives aren't violent....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dm7yVTbJo4

More hate is spewed on CNN, MSNBC, etc than anywhere. I get it, its a mental disorder, but again I wont agree to be penalized for another's crimes. If you feel guilty for another's actions, more power to you I guess, but I do not.

P.S. im not yelling at anyone on the internet. Im just informing you that your beliefs are ass backwards, gun control is not for the greater good. I WOULD USE CAPSLOCK IF I WAS YELLING AT MY CPU.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back