Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

NRA Warns Hunters to Prepare for War

Their actions are putting my ability to do this in Jeopardy therefore I see no need to read about the sky falling every time I check the mail.
I'd rather hike the forest unarmed than sit in my house and play with my guns.
If you give $100 to the nra and $100 to BHA to lobby against each other did you actually accomplish anything?

I would rather hike as well. If all firearms were confiscated, I'd simply hunt with my bow. Should hunting cease to exist, I guess I'd be doing more hiking and fishing. Firearms are just a tool for me to hunt, but I want protections in place that allow me to keep them. I understand what you are saying about my contributions possibly offsetting with the current political climate. I've thought about it myself. These two groups are not opposites like a anti-hunting vs pro-hunting group would be. Personally, I don't want to settle; I want it all. 2nd amendment protection, keeping public lands public, access to those public lands, conservation of land and water, etc.. My memberships and volunteerism goes across all of these things that I find important to me.

On at least two occasions that I am aware of, NRA spokespersons have stated that if people want a place to hunt they should pay for it. The NRA has turned into a lobbying group whose sole purpose is to raise funds so Wayne La Pierre and his cronies can continue to collect their million dollar paychecks.

On at least two occasions that I am aware of, NRA spokespersons have stated that if people want a place to hunt they should pay for it. The NRA has turned into a lobbying group whose sole purpose is to raise funds so Wayne La Pierre and his cronies can continue to collect their million dollar paychecks.
A boogyman lobbying group for firearms and ammunition makers. The entire 2nd amendment has been consistently redefined since the late 1960s. There are fewer restrictions on firearms in the last two decades than the last 200 years. Texas and Florida are removing laws that date from the 1800s(!).

Never been a member and never will, and I own several guns.

How has anyone's freedom to own firearms decreased?

Start naming all these horrendous threats.

I vote Democrat and Green and never once have I felt any serious threat to my ability to own a firearm. Hell, I own seven, with a Sako 416 Rem Mag on the way. And I live in California (thankfully). We have some annoying regulations, with more on the way, but I can live with it.

In the meantime, here's this:

https://defacingcurrency.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/karl-marx-gun-control/

See you on the range, Comrade!

The threats are here and they are real. They may be harder for you to see since they also vote democrat. The NRA does not do a lot of things correctly, but they are good at keeping our gun rights. The fine folks of the UK and Australia could have used a similar ally to keep their rights. But unfortunately most of their citizens likely just see it as "the way it is now" and don't really know what they've lost. I prefer that not to happen here. But it will one day....as our country eventually becomes "softer" and sees less need for the evil gun.

I'm sure it also takes a lot of money to run the Whittington Center elk ranch where they conduct all the elk hunts for celebrities and politicians and their children.
The NRA does not have our best interest in mind as far as public land hunting is concerned.

The fine folks of the UK and Australia could have used a similar ally to keep their rights.
Are you arguing that UK and Australia had constitutional rights similar to our Second Amendment and they lost them? Your assertion is oft repeated as part of the fear mongering to solicit money for the NRA elite. There are reasons for citizens to remain vigilant and protective of the Constitution, but the UK / Australia analogy is not really valid.

Are you arguing that UK and Australia had constitutional rights similar to our Second Amendment and they lost them? Your assertion is oft repeated as part of the fear mongering to solicit money for the NRA elite. There are reasons for citizens to remain vigilant and protective of the Constitution, but the UK / Australia analogy is not really valid.

Nope, not comparing their rights to our Second Amendment. Pointing out that in the not too distant past, those folks had guns to protect themselves, hunt, etc.... Not so much anymore. That is what many on the left would like America to be. Most will not say it openly (some will). But they want to start by getting these "common sense" gun laws started and gradually take away your guns.....one tiny law at a time. The NRA has done a very good job so far, not letting them get their foot in the door. But they will. It may be in your grandchildren or great great grandchildren's lifetime but I think it will happen eventually. Hope I'm wrong, but that is how I see our country/values headed.

Chris W. CoxNRA said:
Second Amendment. Pointing out that in the not too distant past, those folks had guns to protect themselves, hunt, etc.... Not so much anymore. That is what many on the left would like America to be. Most will not say it openly (some will). But they want to start by getting these "common sense" gun laws started and gradually take away your guns.....one tiny law at a time. The NRA has done a very good job so far, not letting them get their foot in the door. But they will. It may be in your grandchildren or great great grandchildren's lifetime but I think it will happen eventually. Hope I'm wrong, but that is how I see our country/values headed.

It may be in your grandchildren or great great grandchildren's lifetime but I think it will happen eventually. Hope I'm wrong, but that is how I see our country/values headed.

Yup, the sky is always falling.

Yup, the sky is always falling.

Is saying something may happen in 3 or 4 future generations...."the sky is always falling"?

But anyone with some common sense can see that there is a huge difference between the percentage of urban/rural lifestyles over just a few generations. Look at your grandfathers' generation vs your children's generation. Gun ownership is on the decline. I'm not a statistician but the downward trend will end at some point and guns will likely be banned. I'm sure several folks on here are ok with that. Some of us are not.

Is saying something may happen in 3 or 4 future generations...."the sky is always falling"?

But anyone with some common sense can see that there is a huge difference between the percentage of urban/rural lifestyles over just a few generations. Look at your grandfathers' generation vs your children's generation. Gun ownership is on the decline. I'm not a statistician but the downward trend will end at some point and guns will likely be banned. I'm sure several folks on here are ok with that. Some of us are not.

The number of people living and working on farms has dwindled over the last few generations as well. So I guess that means that soon there will be no farms anymore?
The majority of people now live in cities and have no need for weapons like our ancestors who needed guns as a very neccesary tool.
Your argument holds no water.
Guns will not be banned. To hear all of you chicken littles when Obama was elected you'd think all our guns would have been rounded up already.

Last edited:
The number of people living and working on farms has dwindled over the last few generations as well. So I guess that means that soon there will be no farms anymore?
The majority of people now live in cities and have no need for weapons like our ancestors who needed guns as a very neccesary tool.
Guns will not be banned. To hear all of you chicken littles when Obama was elected you'd think all our guns would have been rounded up already.

Guess your comprehension is a lot slow today. Read this very slowly - I AM NOT SAYING GUNS WILL BE TAKEN AWAY IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE! So all of your cute little chicken little, sky is falling, and boogy man sayings do not apply. Democrats will try to pass laws that SLOWLY erode at second amendment. I know this is not news to you since it is in your party's play book. So go play naive little bo peep somewhere else. NRA is about as crooked as the other lobbyist....but at least they do a good job of protecting gun rights. For the time being.

That is my argument by the way. More people live in cities. Less need for guns. More people think Evil guns kill people. Less people to stick up for gun rights. No more guns.

No, but there is a lot less farm equipment than there used to be. Most Americans used to own mules, then tractors, etc... No need for those anymore. Will likely be the same with guns.

The problem with that logic is more firearms are owned now than ever before and mules have not been banned.

The problem with that logic is a fewer PERCENTAGE of people own firearms than ever before. People vote, not guns. When fewer are for than against......we will lose them. Not sure why that is hard to understand. Amendments can be amended.

Technology made farming w mules obsolete, which is why most people now live urbanly. Town is where the work is, and where services are. Technology is changing far faster than people can adapt. Manufacturing and energy jobs are being swallowed by robotics. Driving jobs are reportedly heading for extinction. In political terms, technology is negating the issue of abortion. How long before technology makes guns ineffective for personal defense? Some of that technology is for sale to anyone who wants it, right now.

I'm going to start selling meteor insurance because you will need it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not in 50 or 1000 years but at some point you will need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back