This Land Was Your Public Land

I made the mistake of reading the comments on the Facebook post of this article. Depressing indeed.
Really pleased with Field and Stream, among others, for taking an open Pro-public-lands stance.

I made the mistake of reading the comments on the Facebook post of this article. Depressing indeed.
Really pleased with Field and Stream, among others, for taking an open Pro-public-lands stance.

Outdoor life as well, I may have to subscribe again. They did a good job.

Kat, thank you for posting this. It is a good short article to show people that are unfamiliar with the issue just how scary and important this really is. I encourage everyone to please fwd the link to other hikers, fishermen, hunters, and any sportsmen/women.

Yesterday, I went to Seyler Lane, south of Twin Bridges, to meet with FWP, on behalf of PLWA, and a few other guys about our access being opened, since the lawsuit is done. We also drove over to Lewis Lane to make sure there was adequate, safe access. So moving forward with those projects, hopefully, within the set time frame, recreationists will have access restored.

I ten drove south through Nevada and Virginia City, Ennis south, nearly to West Yellowstone, stopping at and documenting the bulk of the recreation and fishing access sites along the way, then back to Bozeman from Norris to Four Corners.

Access is integral. Part of my trip was to get some photos for a Public Trust Doctrine and Montana's Stream Access History I am finalizing in the next couple of days, which will be made available to the public. I got so pissed off when Hinkle, Fielder and others began attacking the Public Trust Doctrine this legislature, I had to do something about it, to change the conversation, raise awareness.

I am just waiting on the final hunting and angling groups that wanted to sign on to weigh in.

We need a better educated public, equipped to defend against the privatizing bs, because if they don't know what they have, they, - we, will all lose it.

I used to spend a lot of time on their website. FirstBubba is the village idiot over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back