Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Kifaru

Digital10

Just picked up a Kifaru bikini frame off CL and got a new Nomad out of the Rhino Den with a Grab it...the frame was $175 and the Nomad was on clearance for $172. I couldn't pass it up.
I tried to get a MR Crewcab off eBay for cheap, but folks started bidding too soon and it went for $400+. I was ready to buy a Horn Hunter Full Curl system, but then I discovered EXO and was wanting to pull the trigger there, but Kifaru kept on popping up and I felt I got a good deal....
What can I expect from Kifaru?

So, a couple things about the kifaru. First - great pack, but there are a ton of options and it can take some work to get it fit correctly to you. But, worth the effort, and you can always pick up the phone and call them up for help.

I *think* all of these apply to the bikini frame as well as the duplex and hunter frames:

First - there are 3 different lengths (22", 24", 26"). Designed for different length torsos, or for more/less lift. You'll want to know which one you have.

Next - there are different stay "profiles". You can get a normal back profile, flat back profile. Composite or aluminum stays. These are specific to the length frame you have, but you can switch if needed assuming length stays the same. You want the profile to match your back so it's as comfortable as possible and doesn't slip.

Last - there are different sized waist belts to make sure yours fits right - there should be a label on the belt. Replaceable if you need a smaller or larger size.

Kifaru also has a bunch of videos on pack fit and other here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kifarutube/videos

Duplex vs. Bikini Frame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH0-cREX8OI

i have 2 packs from them and love them both. Play with the fit if you have trouble call and talk to Frank or Aron they are great guys and will help anyway they can. You will love the pack.

You will be very happy with that setup. If you have any questions don't be afraid to call Kifaru as their customer service is top notch. An hour spent getting the frame adjusted to match your body is time well spent.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back