Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Kenetrek Bridger non-waterproof version?

MThuntr

2 years ago I bought a pair of Kenetrek Bridger Ridge Mid from Camofire and stopped wearing them after a few months due to stinky feet syndrome (a common problem I have with waterproof boots). Fast forward to last month, my typical hunting boots are being repaired and I need a pair of waterproof boots for a turkey hunt. I remember I had these after a conversation on Facebook with JohnCushman so I though the problem was solved until the moment I stepped into wet grass and was instantly soaked. I was pretty sure Kenetrek only released a waterproof version so I was pretty disappointed that a few drops of water soaked through so fast.

Does anyone know if Kenetrek ever made these in a non-waterproof version of the Bridger Ridge Hiker?

This is a curiosity and not a slam or witch hunt against Kenetrek and/or Camofire; I'm just trying to figure out how what happened. BTW turkey hunt was successful even with very wet feet (thanks to good wool socks)

EDIT: I got a response from Kenetrek. The Bridger High is the only version of that boot/shoe that is waterproof.

Last edited:
I have the Kenetrek High Bridger, and it is waterproof. They are not what I call Kenetrek quality. I have the Mountain Extremes that I love, and would definitely buy them again. The Bridgers are very uncomfortable, and I feel everything through the sole when I walk across a gravel parking lot (at work). The soles and footbeds are thin, and don't provide any support, even with aftermarket insoles. If they didn't have the name on them, I wouldn't think they were Kenetrek. Needless to say, I would never buy another pair of the Bridgers. I went back to my Danner Radicals 452 GTX for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back