Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Float guide recommendation for miracle mile (WY)

utahminer

I would like to set up a guided float trip for my wife and father in-law. My father in-law's health isnt the best and his mobility is limited. Year before last the two of them floated the Green below Flaming Gorge (they had a blast) and I thought it would be nice to set them up on the Miracle Mile this year. Do any of you have recommendations for float guides? Thanks in advance

There are a lot of outfitters but the main ones are Grey Reef Anglers, The Reef Fly Shop, and Crazy Rainbow. I know Grey Reef Anglers and The Reef Fly Shop guide offer floats on the Mile. I have never used any of them, but I used to live in Casper. If you aren't set on the Mile I wouldn't rule out fishing Grey Reef below Alcova. The Mile can be great but Gray Reef is probably more consistent and I believe has more fish per mile.

I had just pulled up the Grey Reef Angler's website and was looking it over. Thanks for the info. I will also consider Grey Reef as well.

From everything I've heard the Grey Reef guys are good though I can't say from experience. Good luck on the trip though, suppose to be a special place.

I've never personally used guides up there, but some friends have had excellent experiences with Platte River Fly shop out of Casper. They float the Reef and the Mile and also do wade trips in Fremont Canyon.

And purely anecdotally - I talked to th contingent from The Reef Fly Shop at ISE this year and they were really nice folks and gave my 8yo son a hat and a fistful of stickers, so I have a minor soft spot for them.

I really appreciate the replies. After a couple of calls I decided to go with Grey Reef Outfitters. Both My wife and father in-law had a great time. They didn't catch a HUGE amount of fish (about 10 each) but the fish they did catch were large and put up a real fight. My father in-law couldn't stop bragging about the experience to one of his friends the next day. The Grey Reef guys were very accommodating to my father in-law's limitations (mobility and diet) and really made it a memorable experience. They were also very easy to work with from my end setting up the trip and I highly recommend them to anyone.

fish 1.jpg
fish 2.jpg
fish 3.jpg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back