goHunt Insider

Redman

Just wanted to give a big thank you to the goHunt Insider team and Randy Newberg for turning me on to them. Not only did it help deciding my hunting area for this year, they also sent me an e-mail letting me know I won a Browning Hell's Canyon Speed Rifle! Now I get to use my $50 Sporsmans Warehouse gift card , that I also got from goHunt and Randy, to go towards scope, bases, and rings! Now if I can win the Big Horn Raffle, I will officially be the luckiest man in America!

If you guys are on the fence about becoming an INSIDER, believe me it is worth the $$. Plus if you use the code RANDY you get $50 gift card, you will end up spending that on gear anyway so it is basically getting $50 off. Not sure how long they will keep the offer going so get it now.

You were one of the guys that won a rifle?! Congratulations! I was day dreaming yesterday which caliber I'd pick when they notified me I won... I get all excited and hopeful at the end of each month thinking my time has come. Gohunt is an awesome service and it's really cool a hunttalker won.

So, which caliber are you going with?

You were one of the guys that won a rifle?! Congratulations! I was day dreaming yesterday which caliber I'd pick when they notified me I won... I get all excited and hopeful at the end of each month thinking my time has come. Gohunt is an awesome service and it's really cool a hunttalker won.

So, which caliber are you going with?

Thank you rtraverdavis! Yea I had to read the email a couple of times to let it sink in...still a bit shocked!
I am not sure what caliber to go with. I am kind of leaning towards the .308, 7-08, or 6mm.

Honestly if you won it b/c of Hunt Talk, you should get the 7mm-HT.

Congrats!

Honestly I found out about Hunt Talk from a video on YouTube. This guy Randy Newberg, that I had never heard of was talking about public land scouting. He seemed like a down to earth, genuine good guy, not like some of the over the top "Rockstar" so called hunters, so I watched some more of what he had to say. So truth be told Randy put me on to both goHunt Insider and Hunt Talk.

By the way I settled on the .308. We have dumb rules here in Indiana! Up until last year high powered rifles were not legal to hunt deer with. Some jerks at the State House snuck it through after the DNR said no way! I personally voted against allowing high powered rifles for deer. Now the rule is you can only use hp rifles on private land(which makes up 90% of the State) and you can on use .243(6mm) or 30 cal. So you can use a .243 Wby, 6mm-06, .300 RUM, .308, but not a .270, 7mm-08, 25-06, etc! You confused yet? I figured if I get another rifle I should get it in something I don't already have (I do have it in a pistol which has been legal in Indiana for 20+ years..don't ask it is another long rant) plus if my girls want to go elk hunting with me the .308 will do the job and not beat them up like my other .30cals will.

Thanks guys!

Honestly I found out about Hunt Talk from a video on YouTube. This guy Randy Newberg, that I had never heard of was talking about public land scouting. He seemed like a down to earth, genuine good guy, not like some of the over the top "Rockstar" so called hunters, so I watched some more of what he had to say. So truth be told Randy put me on to both goHunt Insider and Hunt Talk.

By the way I settled on the .308. We have dumb rules here in Indiana! Up until last year high powered rifles were not legal to hunt deer with. Some jerks at the State House snuck it through after the DNR said no way! I personally voted against allowing high powered rifles for deer. Now the rule is you can only use hp rifles on private land(which makes up 90% of the State) and you can on use .243(6mm) or 30 cal. So you can use a .243 Wby, 6mm-06, .300 RUM, .308, but not a .270, 7mm-08, 25-06, etc! You confused yet? I figured if I get another rifle I should get it in something I don't already have (I do have it in a pistol which has been legal in Indiana for 20+ years..don't ask it is another long rant) plus if my girls want to go elk hunting with me the .308 will do the job and not beat them up like my other .30cals will.

Thanks guys!
Just so you know, the rule was change very recently to allow anything above .243" with a case over 1.16" and not longer than 3". So you could get a 7-08 or 6.5 Creed and still use it in Indiana on private land. Here's a link to the bill (HB1415).
https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017/bills/house/1415#

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back