Casper Wy area antelope input needed

pjd243

Stay in the Casper area to deer hunt and have hunted area 70 for antelope , so we are there on the 15th of Oct to do both. Area 70 tags have been tough to get so if you were to apply for an area near by Casper with a good amount of public land what would you opt for. Don't mind driving a couple of hours to get to an area, but have an older ( 75 year old )so long walk in's might be an issue. Any input would great , willing to purchase Etrex
And chip never needed one in the past due to private land we hunted on in area 70.
Thanks in advance

Do you have any preference points to use?
WY hunt planner might be able to help you out some to determine an area.

No pp
Thanks on the 73 input
With the chip can I sit at home and look for areas with Blm map
Thanks

If you don't have any points and are willing to fork out the extra money for a special license unit 76 would be a good option.

yep
looked at the website, looked at the odds
just never hunted outside of area 70 and was looking for input on public land options
long ride from Michigan for 1 animal, trying maximize our chances
things have changed a lot since we started going out west years ago
pulling tags was not a worry

Add a pile of doe tags with that buck tag and it makes the drive worth while. You could also get a Region general deer tag with 0 PP and hunt deer also. Some regions take no PP to draw.

Wytex
You think I could draw a region e tag with no points ?, or are you thinking a different area
Thanks

Wytex
You think I could draw a region e tag with no points ?, or are you thinking a different area
Thanks

Last year 69.6% drew the E tag in the Regular PP Draw with no PPs and all but three first choice applicants drew an E tag in the Random Draw that doesn't use PPs, so if it stays the same for 2017 you have an excellent chance with no PPs.

I was thinking of a different Region but sounds like E might work for you. The easy to draw areas will be tougher hunting but the deer are there.

Thanks Topgun and Wytex
That's what had seen 69 percent but tried to find out if the tags count us up for 2017 or down
Couldn't find that info
Seen the tags went up for lope in 70 from 18 to 50 if I read correctly
Thanks for all the help have an older guy I hunt with and trying to make a good hunt for us
He is in good health but you never know
Thanks again

Okay another guestion
Never put in for lope doe tags
Do I apply for a buck tag and doe tags at the same time
Thanks

Same time different apps. Doe tags are drawn separately . Max 2 doe tags now and 2 more in leftover drawing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back