ND Moose

Jamen

Well luck be had I drew my once in a life time ND moose tag!! After getting a bull elk tag back in 2013 I decided I will just be putting in for a cow moose to better my chances of drawing another once in a lifetime tag here in ND. I am super excited for this chance to go out and harvest a moose with my family!

Wow that's awesome. Are they broken down into units? I know nothing about ND moose hunting.

Wow that's awesome. Are they broken down into units? I know nothing about ND moose hunting.

Yes, all big game is broken down in units in ND.

These tags in ND are harder to get than a Montana unit 410 non-resident elk tag

This was about my 20th year in a row of applying for a ND elk, and moose with no luck.

Yeah we have some moose over this way lol! There was talk that the moose here are some subspecies and in the future they will have federal protection. I have no updates on that but I am very fortunate to have drawn a bull elk tag and now a moose. I feel if I draw the bighorn in Sept if they have the season I will have many people upset with on that lol! But I am already contacting people that I know that live in the unit and having them keep their ears open.

Yeah we have some moose over this way lol! There was talk that the moose here are some subspecies and in the future they will have federal protection. I have no updates on that but I am very fortunate to have drawn a bull elk tag and now a moose. I feel if I draw the bighorn in Sept if they have the season I will have many people upset with on that lol! But I am already contacting people that I know that live in the unit and having them keep their ears open.

There are no NR tags for Elk, Moose or Sheep in ND...is that correct?

There are no NR tags for Elk, Moose or Sheep in ND...is that correct?

Actually NR can apply for sheep, but I think it is $100 for the application fee. The actual NR tag is pretty cheap and the NR applicants are just thrown in with the residents, but the odds are pretty terrible for the application cost. I am pretty sure at least one NR has drawn though. There is also the auction tag available.

I don't think it's your unit...but I did see a road kill cow moose on Hwy 22 between Killdeer and Dickinson yesterday just a few hundred yards from the Little Missouri crossing. I'd hate to be the guy that hit her!

My wife was lucky enough to draw a "Any Moose" license this year!!! Some how I missed it when the results came out. I didn't find out till two Fridays ago when she called and asked if I wanted to go on a moose hunt this fall. She had received a letter from the ND Game and Fish thinking it was a survey and almost through it away!

North Dakota actually has quite a few moose. Some of the more historical units are closed due to low numbers but they are thriving out on the prairie. My dad has a set of sheds the are measured at 48" wide. There are plenty of bulls in ND that are 50"+ that are harvested every year. I have a tip from a guy that says there is a bull around his property that survived the winter and is expected to be in the 55" range! Needless to say I think I'm more excited than she is.

Oh and it only took her two years to draw this tag!!! :eek:

The SK prairies are full of moose so it makes sense that they have gone into ND. Probably more moose in tye farmland here then the forest.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back