My Outdoor TV

mattlowe31

While I was at the NRA annual meeting this weekend (met Randy, he is super nice too) I stumbled into the Outdoor Channel/Sportsman channel booth. We don't have cable or satellite TV at our house because we stream all of our TV so you can imagine how happy I was when they tell me about their new streaming subscription service called My Outdoor TV. They told me that all the shows that air on both channels were available on MOTV so I signed up. I logged in this morning to start downloading all the available episodes of Fresh Tracks/OYOA and Meat Eater..... only to find out they aren't available. I chatted with customer support and they said it had to do with the shows not signing on to MOTV. I said all that to ask this: Will I ever get Fresh Tracks/OYOA on MOTV?

While I was at the NRA annual meeting this weekend (met Randy, he is super nice too) I stumbled into the Outdoor Channel/Sportsman channel booth. We don't have cable or satellite TV at our house because we stream all of our TV so you can imagine how happy I was when they tell me about their new streaming subscription service called My Outdoor TV. They told me that all the shows that air on both channels were available on MOTV so I signed up. I logged in this morning to start downloading all the available episodes of Fresh Tracks/OYOA and Meat Eater..... only to find out they aren't available. I chatted with customer support and they said it had to do with the shows not signing on to MOTV. I said all that to ask this: Will I ever get Fresh Tracks/OYOA on MOTV?

Odds are you will never get our shows on MOTV. Unless the network changes their exclusivity rules, I will never license my content on an exclusive basis, which they require. Why other shows do it, I don't know. Currently, if you license them for MOTV, they are requiring exclusive rights, which mean we could not have it on YouTube or on Amazon Prime (coming in the next week or two). That's exclusivity idea is DOA with me. For me, my business plan, and our sponsors, our content needs to be in as many places as possible.

Nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

That's exclusivity idea is DOA with me. For me, my business plan, and our sponsors, our content needs to be in as many places as possible.

Nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

Totally understand that! Exclusivity is rarely a good idea.

if those are the two shows you want, get netflix for meat eater and just use youtube for OYOA/FT

if those are the two shows you want, get netflix for meat eater and just use youtube for OYOA/FT

Ive got a Roku TV with both the Netflix app and YouTube app, but Netflix only has seasons 5 and 6 of MeatEater and Randys YouTube channel does have a metric ton of videos.... Ive just become quite a fan since I found his channel a few months back that I wanted to be sure I didnt miss a show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back