Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

So Easy Even a Baby Can Do It.

Gerald Martin

Every year for the past four years we have a spring ritual with some good friends of ours from north of the border. They come down to hang out with our family and do some turkey hunting. Our trip was a little cramped this year with work and busy schedules but we made it out for a Friday and Saturday hunt. We were trying to get my youngest son Gareth his first turkey but our first day and a half was unproductive. Today, after a slow morning with just a couple gobbles and a fleeting glimpse of a long beard, the boys elected to skip the afternoon hunt to play some volleyball at a friend's house.

That left me with the only turkey tag available. Jeffrey, Missy, their nine month old daughter Summer and I headed to a property that I was sure held birds even though I hadn't hunted it. My expectation was right and we called in a flock of jakes about 20 minutes out of the truck. With a baby crying in the background and birds gobbling in front of me, I decided that a jake was plenty good enough for this year. My boys were just a little bit bummed that this hunt worked so perfectly when they had worked a lot harder over the past two days without success. I'm guessing they'll want to go with me the next time!

One of the best parts about hunting with photographer friends is that they take a lot of really good pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_5581.jpg
    IMG_5581.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 376
  • game face.jpg
    game face.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 376
  • above.jpg
    above.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 376
  • moody clouds.jpg
    moody clouds.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 373
  • tag selection.jpg
    tag selection.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 378
  • tag pieces.jpg
    tag pieces.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 376
  • scaley legs.jpg
    scaley legs.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 377
  • success.jpg
    success.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 375
  • Solberg Family Portrait- Turkey Included.jpg
    Solberg Family Portrait- Turkey Included.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 392
  • Missy and Summer.jpg
    Missy and Summer.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 379
  • Summer smiles.jpg
    Summer smiles.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Scoring a turkey with a nine month old along for the adventure: Super turkey ninja work.

Nice job Gerald, nice accomplishment considering you forgot your matching pink camo onesie, Summer remembered hers! Ummmm,,, should I expect smoked turkey breast at bear camp next week?

Nice job Gerald, nice accomplishment considering you forgot your matching pink camo onesie, Summer remembered hers! Ummmm,,, should I expect smoked turkey breast at bear camp next week?

Had it for dinner tonight. Grilled turkey breast on a nice salad. Got about a pound left over that won't make it to camp. Gonna have to depend on Cushman to provide next week's turkey.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back