Neoprene socks and Crocs

Cooperd0g

In the winter BHA issue there was an article from a guy talking about how he likes to hunt in his Crocs. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm ready to toss out boots, but his comments about Croccs, quick dry pants with spares and neoprene socks as an alternative to hip boots or waders was interesting. I think the downfall would be really cold water. Unless you can find thigh high neoprene socks. I have only found knee high. You could couple then with neoprene pants, but I'm not sure how waterproof that combo would be.

I worked for Crocs for 7 years during their/our runup from $300MM in revenue too $1.2B (until i started my own firm).

There are certain styles (namely those with adjustable/velcro straps) that work pretty well. I've hunted/fished in mine many times wearing knee-high neoprene socks from Simms (usually when I forgot to bring wading boots to the river). In the winter, I would be skeptical, since you would need a full dry-sock.

The problem is that many styles (namely molded clog styles) are loud - the material used tends to get 'squeaky' when it is molded densely in the heel (e.g. the style mentioned above).

I shot a whitetail with my bow, from the ground, outside of Red Lodge, MT while wearing camo crocs. It was a good spot n stalk with quiet footwear.

Back