Electric Mtn bikes

Idaho Wanderer

Anyone have any tried and true recommendations? Thinking of buying one to load up with paniers and let it be my electric horse in places im not allowed to take my dirt bikes or four wheeler.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info. Where i go, theres no one to tell you your bicycle isnt legal because it has an electric motor. Im just looking for a quiet pack horse/hunting vehicle to extend my range without scaring the residents. Anyone have any experience with one(hunting or not)? Pro or cons of different brands?

Thanks for the info. Where i go, theres no one to tell you your bicycle isnt legal because it has an electric motor. Im just looking for a quiet pack horse/hunting vehicle to extend my range without scaring the residents. Anyone have any experience with one(hunting or not)? Pro or cons of different brands?

So it's ok to do illegal stuff as long as no one is watching?

I drew a tag and not only were all motorized vehicles on the banned list but anything with a wheel including a cart. Was bummed and passed on filling my tag as was warmer than usual with highs in upper 70Fs and I was 5 miles back from trail head hunting solo. Still had fun calling in bulls and had the clearest night skies above me each night.

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching..."

-Aldo Leopold

So it's ok to do illegal stuff as long as no one is watching?

Thanks for your concern about the legalities in the areas im hunting. Actually the area im speaking of allows motorized vehicles and on the private land im hunting the owner would like to avoid dirtbikes and four wheelers on his property. Didnt think i needed to get into specifics but i stand corrected. If its ok with you, id like to get in there quietly and without soaking myself in sweat.
If you have any info regarding my original question, id love to hear it.
Thanks

I've done short test rides on a trek, quiet cat, and a Rambo bike. The trek was hands down the best of the three. There are a couple places I hunt where I think one would have some benefit, but with the price and the motorized limitations I'm passing for the foreseeable future.

I've done short test rides on a trek, quiet cat, and a Rambo bike. The trek was hands down the best of the three. There are a couple places I hunt where I think one would have some benefit, but with the price and the motorized limitations I'm passing for the foreseeable future.

The privately-held landowners do not allow ICE motorized vehicles but are okay if powered by batteries? Is weed legal there because that seems to defy logic.

Cool. Didnt know trek made one, thanks. Used to be a bike mechanic back in the day. Trek seemed to make pretty decent stuff back then.

As far as wear and tear on private roads between a four wheeler and dirt bike and an electric pedal bike, ill be sure to make the landowner aware of your infallible logic. If i had a nickel for all the horrific damage that ive seen bicycles create as opposed to gas powered vehicles...nevermind my sarcasm will escape you. Again thanks, return to your smokefest.

Cool. Didnt know trek made one, thanks. Used to be a bike mechanic back in the day. Trek seemed to make pretty decent stuff back then.

As far as wear and tear on private roads between a four wheeler and dirt bike and an electric pedal bike, ill be sure to make the landowner aware of your infallible logic. If i had a nickel for all the horrific damage that ive seen bicycles create as opposed to gas powered vehicles...nevermind my sarcasm will escape you. Again thanks, return to your smokefest.

So you asked a question with vague info at first, and now you are condescending and rude. mtmuley

So you asked a question with vague info at first, and now you are condescending and rude. mtmuley

MY guess is after a few people educated him on it and he said he was going to do what he wanted where he wanted and he made up the story about private land and other land that allows motorized :)

Last edited:
Dont think it was vague at all, very specific about bikes actually. On a personal note, If i have nothing to offer on a subject i generally steer clear of the conversation or PM the individual if im unsure of their meaning. Im the new guy here so my old fashioned notions of courtesey and politeness may be a little out of place here. Rest assured youve saved the virtue of the forum by showing a new (and apparently vague posting none the less!) member the door, ill peacefully retire from the sandbox. Chalk another one up for lonely/bored keyboard commandos.
Good day

MY guess is after a few people educated him on it and he said he was going to do what he wanted where he wanted and he made up the story about private land and other land that allows motorized :)

Probably. But I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt. That said, I use the quads god gave me, even on the mountain bike. So I have no advice for him. I break a sweat when I hunt...

Thanks for clearing that up Minnesota, dont know where id be without your deep understanding of the human psyche.
Again...take care

Look at your first post, you state take it where I can't take my motorized toys....then you change your tune when people tell you motorized is motorized. It is what it is....take care yourself. Be prepared to spend a ton of cash, they are not cheap.

Apparently i need my head checked i just cant help myself to peek and see what gems are left for me (even after i bow out) Does anyone with half the sense that god gave geese believe that a mtn bike with pedal assist does anywhere near as much damage to a land owners property as a quad? Again, if a land owner tells me hes fine with my electric or not mtn bike on his property, im inclined to say thank you sir and then go ask for advice onbrands and models from people who have likely used one for the same purpose...aka, a hunting forum. If you have no other information to go on, who has the time to type up accusations and armchair theories to support the notion youd like to advance in order to have some sort of moral high ground? Sorry i just cant stand keyboard commandos

Does anyone with half the sense that god gave geese ...
Idaho Wanderer, it's not the topic or the questions seeking others' input ... it's the rhetoric such as the quoted phrase that gets others' hackles up. Your expressions seem condescending and demeaning, although I don't think you even realize it. Tone things down and employ tactful more humble rhetoric and you will be rewarded with much good advice from some seasoned hunters and outdoorsmen on this forum.

The privately-held landowners do not allow ICE motorized vehicles but are okay if powered by batteries? Is weed legal there because that seems to defy logic.

Huh? The areas I would most likely see myself using one are areas open to motors, its just the bike would be quiet where a motorcycle or atv is anything but quiet. The e-bikes aren't allowed in non motorized areas so again, no benefit IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back