Wyoming Turkey Help

Brachii

Hey guys, I'm heading up from Denver to do some antelope scouting next month and wanted to stop somewhere and see if I can't find me a turkey. Anyone in the Laramie/Cheyenne area know if there's a good turkey population in the national park (i think it's medicine bow) to the east of Laramie or anywhere else in SE Wyoming? Thanks for any help! Feel free to PM. Aaron

I've never seen a turkey in that area but I imagine there are some.I think you would do better in the black Hills in NE Wyoming

It says they're there online...but I also have never seen one. Although I didn't screw around up there much when I was in college for that whole year. You can start finding them in a decent population up by Newcastle which is a little farther north. If you're set on trying to find a turkey I would start there.

It says they're there online...but I also have never seen one. Although I didn't screw around up there much when I was in college for that whole year. You can start finding them in a decent population up by Newcastle which is a little farther north. If you're set on trying to find a turkey I would start there.

they're basically in the town of new castle too lol main drag on the northeast side of town just post up right there, saw birds there every day last fall while pronghorn hunting lol

when noon time comes you can skip across the road and hit up the pizza barn for a prime rib

Ya I think newcastle is too far north for me. I was wanting to go somewhere for a day trip in South Wyoming. I'll keep looking if anyone else has some advice

I looked the other day and if I saw correctly their isn't any nr tags left for anywhere in Wyoming. Unless I was not looking in the correct place.

I know where there are a bunch around Hulett...

ybekU41.jpg

I looked the other day and if I saw correctly their isn't any nr tags left for anywhere in Wyoming. Unless I was not looking in the correct place.

There are no Limited Quota tags availables. However, the General tag is OTC and you can buy one general tag per season (spring/fall).

Zone 5 does cover the Medicine Bow area and it shows a almost 50% success rate last year. Not sure where to look, but you can call the CO or find a turkey biologist in the area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back