MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Puppy On The Way

Be like everyone that lives in Bozeman and call it Bridger. That's an MT name. I even know a cat named Bridger. But since you live in Kansas it will be unique. Or Madison. I like Ohana. It means family in Hawaiian. hahai holoholona is hunter in hawaiian. Good luck shouting that after a dog that you need to come back to you. Full name could be that, pronounced ha-ha-ee hoe-low-hoe-low-na(hoe like what you use in your garden and low like get low) And you call it Haha or Holo.

It's a lab. Anyone that has or has had a lab knows they chew and eat everything. Therefore, let's be realistic:

Yourdog

Damnyou

Dumbshit

Dropit

:)

My first dog was named Tahquitz, who is the Lonesome God in one of Louis L'Amour's most popular books. It's also a mountain in California where the native chief Tahquitz was trapped in a cave, his trying to escape is the cause for earthquakes legend has it.

It's a lab. Anyone that has or has had a lab knows they chew and eat everything. Therefore, let's be realistic:

Yourdog

Damnyou

Dumbshit

Dropit

:)

Don't forget the classic

Aww Dammit

Can't tell you how many times I've used that on my lab when I walk into trash all over the floor and her hiding in the corner with a guilty look. Sometimes if it was really bad I used

GETOVERHERE too, she went by many names.

I like a name that can be yelled, screamed or otherwise conveyed very loud. Buttercup does not carry as good as keemo. I agree about using single syllable commands and multiple syllable names. Crazy as it sounds, my Chessie had 2 names. Around the house She was a pet and her name was Daisy. When we were working her name was Tu-only I called her that.

I don't yell at my pups, I train them.

Teaching silent hand signals just as effective as yelling/screaming.

Last edited:
haha you guys are cracking me up on these names.

Here's our top 3

Copper
Bear
Yeti

I really like Copper.... takes me back to my childhood favorite movie watching Fox and the Hound... but I might want to save that name for lab #2 which will be a yellow lab. Copper would go a little better with a yellow lab I would think...

Bear's a great name but super popular according to the internet... i've never met one but AKC has it in most popular all time.

If you like the name copper and you in the market for lab#2 then look at Fox River Red Labs. My breeder has some and they are built like a tank and an appropriate color for the name. Here are some Bing photos.

IMG_0215.JPGIMG_0214.JPG

Last edited:
If you like the name copper and you in the market for lab#2 then look at Fox River Red Labs. My breeder has some and they are built like a tank and an appropriate color for the name. Here are some Bing photos.

View attachment 70469View attachment 70470

Yes that color! My trainer actually breeds labs and has a lot that color. That will be lab #2. So i'll prob save copper.

I was just at the Breeder/Trainers this weekend dropping off my GSP to get finished. He had a week and half old of litter of Reds all had deposits except one male. My 5 year old daughter had bigger puppy eyes than the puppies but I resisted her charm. I think we are going to replace my Chocolate Lab with one of these when she passes. I don't however look forward to breaking Awedammit2 of a gourmet meal in every trash can.

Got him picked up this morning!!!

Still no name. We call him "puppy" for the time being...

I think it's down to Tahoe or Bear. Thoughts??? I told my wife we're picking a name before then end of the long weekend is over... thats the deadline!

Puppy1.jpgPuppy2.jpg

Congratulations. He is a very handsome looking dog.

I like Kash (The dog in Black), Poncho or Lefty and Gus (Augustus McCrae)

But I agree with the poster who earlier suggested waiting till his personality develops.

Back