Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Puppy On The Way

Ttannahill14

Finally talked the wife into getting a hunting dog. We pick him up first week of June. He's a Pointing Labrador retriever.... with his Dad being a decorated pointing lab and his mom being a decorated retriever. Should make a good all around dog for me.

We have first choice of a black male.

Attached are some pics... we need name ideas!? Couple stipulations... can't be cliche (ie: no Drake, Drake, Remi, Cinch, things like that) and can't be common.

IMG_1572.JPGunnamed.png

I see you are from Kansas.

If you scan down a few pages in this document, you will see the place-names for every geographic feature in Kansas. Scan through that and name him after a swamp, summit, gulch, or lake with a name you like.

I see you are from Kansas.

If you scan down a few pages in this document, you will see the place-names for every geographic feature in Kansas. Scan through that and name him after a swamp, summit, gulch, or lake with a name you like.

Wow that's a lot of things to scroll though. I like that idea though... got a link for me to check out some geographic locations of CO, MT, and AK!?

Maybe you shoud wait a few days after he's in your home and see what his personality is like. That might just be a factor in what to name him.

We just got a chocolate lab. My 6 year old was wanting a black lab because he wanted to name him Coal.

Riley (after the county!)

Snyder (even though he spells it wrong)

Collin (a great gutty leader)

Ronix (or other wakeboard manufacturer)

Stumo (KSU campus group.....or "challenge" or "cru" or "navs" ?)

On a more serious note: if you are going to use all one word commands, use a multi syllable name for him. Less confusion.

I like a name that can be yelled, screamed or otherwise conveyed very loud. Buttercup does not carry as good as keemo. I agree about using single syllable commands and multiple syllable names. Crazy as it sounds, my Chessie had 2 names. Around the house She was a pet and her name was Daisy. When we were working her name was Tu-only I called her that.

Riley (after the county!)

Snyder (even though he spells it wrong)

Collin (a great gutty leader)

Ronix (or other wakeboard manufacturer)

Stumo (KSU campus group.....or "challenge" or "cru" or "navs" ?)

On a more serious note: if you are going to use all one word commands, use a multi syllable name for him. Less confusion.

Snyder gets worshipped enough in this state ha I don't need to add a dog to the list

Collins my best friend that'd be weird ha

Stumo and I didn't get along to well at Kstate ha even though I'm a religious guy we didn't see eye to eye on a couple issue soooo that's a no

Whoever said coal I like... except my brother in laws name is Cole and is my main hunting partner.... might get a little confusing in the blind.

Finally talked the wife into getting a hunting dog. We pick him up first week of June. He's a Pointing Labrador retriever.... with his Dad being a decorated pointing lab and his mom being a decorated retriever. Should make a good all around dog for me.

We have first choice of a black male.

Attached are some pics... we need name ideas!? Couple stipulations... can't be cliche (ie: no Drake, Drake, Remi, Cinch, things like that) and can't be common.

We have a black lab named Tucker. Our previous chocolate lab was Max. I agree with Gr8bawana, wait to see what his personality brings up. Max was named because as a puppy he had two speed, sleep and max out; hence Max.

Using names or words from other languages will reduce the number of other dogs with the same name. Such as Kaiser, the name given for a German or Austrian emperor would be a great name for your dog if he had some GSP in his lineage.

Back