Yeti GOBOX Collection

wyoming offical tag numbers

bb1379

does anyone know when the official antelope tag allotments will be posted? the last I remember seeing was a proposed number.

they're the same numbers

Did they really not adjust any quotas in any unit? The proposed numbers showed many changes, some units went up, some went down. But who knows what they will ultimately decide on...

Did they really not adjust any quotas in any unit? The proposed numbers showed many changes, some units went up, some went down. But who knows what they will ultimately decide on...

Are you asking if the commission changed them or the Department?

The proposed regs that are online were not altered by the commission. So the numbers you see there are what you get.

As for the deer. The commission did make some changes in Region G and H.

Region G NR quota is 400
Region H NR quota is 600

And all the general units in Region G will end on Oct 6th.

Antler point restriction added for G and H as well. I'd be very surprised if residents aren't picking a deer region in fall 2018 based on the comission meeting.

Antler point restriction added for G and H as well. I'd be very surprised if residents aren't picking a deer region in fall 2018 based on the comission meeting.

Doubtful...there's going to be a lot of WY residents that oppose that one. There's no biological reason to make the change.

The most concerning thing to me, was the carving out of a pretty significant portion of a moose unit because of one person.

The commission wonders why some sportsmen are unwilling to grant them more authority in the decision making process, including setting license fees. These kinds of issues are the exact reason that even I have my doubts about how much authority they should have. When the commission asks if they can "just turn a general deer unit LQ without vetting it to the public"...yeah, I have some serious issues with that.

Last edited:
I agree that it will be opposed by many residents and hotly debated. I'll defer to your experience on how those things tend to play out.
That moose lady was out of control, she talked about them like they were her children.

Buzz, what's the deal with the moose unit that you described? Carved-out for 1 person? Can you give specifics? I'm curious. And thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peytb10
Back