PEAX Equipment

Bear: Baiting Sites

LandDiver

Do these things have to be a big, and elaborate deal? Or could simply smeering some bear attractant on a tree trunk be enough for a days hunt? I don't know if I could sit still all day, but just thinking if maybe I can come back to the same place at least once or twice a week and check in.

If you want to make it simple just get some bait ( donuts, bread, popcorn, grease) put some logs over it throw a trail cam up, bam you have a bait site makes it easier not having to pack a barrel in. Checking the site once a week and rebaiting is pretty important or else they'll lose interest.

What he said. Its a bit of a drive for you, but if you find yourself up this way i can give u an extra one of mine.
Just a bunch of work to keep them interested when its being hit hard...which is the whole point! Lol

Thank you. If I remember correctly the bait permit here isn't much at all, so I'll grab one before I head out after my eye appointment on the 2nd. Till then I'd still like to get out and do some scouting and see one in real life ha ha.

Thanks Idahohunter and Idahowanderer.

Baiting is a lot of work. Bears eat a lot and a guy needs to clear his schedule to be baiting weekly

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back