Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Fall Bear- Book Cliffs Roadless

Beyond The Rise

Hey guys I just found out that I drew a limited entry bear tag for the Book Cliffs Roadless unit. It is an archery only hunt, I am allowed to bait but it looks like I will likely be packing in 10-15 miles so I am not sure if I will be able to get a consistent bait sight established that far in. The unit is also about a 4 hour drive from where I live. I am thinking that I will have to do this hunt spot and stalk. I have never hunted bear before so I am looking for any advice you can give me on this. I would love to hear about different tactics that could be effective for this type of hunt, any unit specific advice that anyone has(I have never been on this unit), and any other info that might be useful. I will be going down to scout soon hopefully but would like to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

Hey guys I just found out that I drew a limited entry bear tag for the Book Cliffs Roadless unit. It is an archery only hunt, I am allowed to bait but it looks like I will likely be packing in 10-15 miles so I am not sure if I will be able to get a consistent bait sight established that far in. The unit is also about a 4 hour drive from where I live. I am thinking that I will have to do this hunt spot and stalk. I have never hunted bear before so I am looking for any advice you can give me on this. I would love to hear about different tactics that could be effective for this type of hunt, any unit specific advice that anyone has(I have never been on this unit), and any other info that might be useful. I will be going down to scout soon hopefully but would like to have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks
How did this go?

Back