Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

7mm WSM... thoughts?

Great caliber, just never caught on, which is a shame. I almost bought one myself, but didn't want to go through the hassle of getting brass and pay high prices for factory ammo. Good luck with it!

The 7MM WSM did have some what of a resurgence recently as a result of being "discovered" to be a very good long range cartridge. Sadly it seems that the 6.5 creedmoor has really stepped in to quell any renewed interest that the cartridge may have had.

The 7MM WSM did have some what of a resurgence recently as a result of being "discovered" to be a very good long range cartridge. Sadly it seems that the 6.5 creedmoor has really stepped in to quell any renewed interest that the cartridge may have had.

I'd go 7WSM before the Kool-aid cartridge. mtmuley

I didn't think that factory ammo was all that pricey. I found some Winchester 140gr. for$34. I grabbed a handful of boxes admittedly more for the brass than anything!!!!!!!

I didn't think that factory ammo was all that pricey. I found some Winchester 140gr. for$34. I grabbed a handful of boxes admittedly more for the brass than anything!!!!!!!

That's expensive enough for me hahaha That's why I reload!

I like the 7 Whiz....have and 300 & had a 270 in the short but somehow never picked up the abbreviated .284.

I have a 7 SAUM in a Model Seven. I'm pushing 160 grain Accubonds 2970fps with great accuracy. I love it. If you've got a good deal on the 7 WSM, I say buy it. Buy a bunch of brass up front then you don't have to worry about it.

7wsm has become my favorite cartridge I love the wsmz I have the 270 7mm and 300 and I'm biding on a 325 on gun broker but as far as the 7 goes its nice less kick than 300 but can't really tell a difference between it and 270wsm but ammo is a pain to find for 7mm I've got 200 rounds for it mostly from choice ammunition and gunbroker basically 100$ a box and found a bag of 50 once fired brass from a older fellow I know and because of the price of ammo for it I have started reloading and thanks to the guy that sold me the brass also showed me the ropes of reloading killed my first deer this year with ammo I made a 160gr Hot cor from speer with the 7wsm

7wsm has become my favorite cartridge I love the wsmz I have the 270 7mm and 300 and I'm biding on a 325 on gun broker but as far as the 7 goes its nice less kick than 300 but can't really tell a difference between it and 270wsm but ammo is a pain to find for 7mm I've got 200 rounds for it mostly from choice ammunition and gunbroker basically 100$ a box and found a bag of 50 once fired brass from a older fellow I know and because of the price of ammo for it I have started reloading and thanks to the guy that sold me the brass also showed me the ropes of reloading killed my first deer this year with ammo I made a 160gr Hot cor from speer with the 7wsm
Punctuation is your friend!

I bought one about 10 years ago in the Cabelas gun library. Is a Savage 16FCSS and honestly it's tough to find a load that won't shoot under an inch. Always with H4831SC. Enjoy your new rifle.

Anyway, about the 7mm WSM, I have no personal experience with it, but I know a couple guys that have them and love them.

I’ve never seen understood how the .300 WSM could get so much love, but the 7mm is just a footnote and relegated to F-Class and some benches duty.
Agreed, I'd really like one. Nice having the short action. Seems a bit odd that it didn't stick like the 270 and 300 WSM's

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back