Leupold Built the Perfect Scope!

Spitz

I've been on a years long hunt for the perfect scope. Tried all the brands I could afford (not March or Schmidt and Bender) Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold, Bushnell, Zeiss, Swarovski, etc. Never found that perfect scope that covered everything I wanted. . . Didn't want a 30-33 ounce brick, wanted a hard zero stop, wanted excellent optical clarity, low profile turrets, second focal plane, illumination doesn't matter much but is a plus if the weight stays low and the controls are simple and out of the way. A lifetime warranty would be another plus but is generally offered among the better companies. A few other demands as well but for the sake of not getting in trouble for delaying dinner longer I'll end it here and say I finally found it!

The VX-6HD is everything I have hoped for.

That is all.

Last edited:
I like my VX-6 on Tikka 7 rem mag, this is the only gun I used last couple years, it is usually one shot one kill, made follow up shots on few elks, just to make sure.

I love my VX-6 2-12x42mm and have had it for 4yrs on a Sako .300wsm. I mainly hunt the eastern slope of the Rockies (MT), shoot 180gr Winchester accubond and feel comfortable at ranges from 20-500yds. Although I could shoot pretty far with this set-up, I've been incredibly lucky that all but 1 of my animals (3 elk, 2 deer, 1 antelope) within that time frame have been very close - all under 100yd head shots. Practice brings confidence and this is a very solid piece of equipment.

It does have the ZL2 elevation turret as it is the HD model that is new this year. I agree that the VX6 is a great scope. But the changes they made to the Hd version have just put it in a whole new league and blown away the competition IMHO. 75 MOA out of two rotations. Accurate, well defined click adjustments. I'm like a kid at Christmas every time I use it as I've waited years for the perfect scope. So glad Leupold is the company that turned it out.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back