Outright Bribery!

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I, Randy Newberg, being of sound mind, hereby bequeath my GPS unit and all my waypoint files to Matt at onXmaps.

20170424_163303.jpg

Bribed and not ashamed to admit it. With this in our pocket, we're gonna fill every tag this fall.

Pretty darn cool. We hit a few in the Texas panhandle on the way up and back...clean facilities with good burgers. Of course there isn't anything better than soft ice cream.

NHY, that's about the only place to eat in some of those small towns in the panhandle, isn't it? We stop at them often too. That's a unique part of the country.

Last week when I bought the onx membership I made sure to tell them to use the Randy discount...so maybe I get a few central wyoming waypoints?

I hit our closest one about a month ago on the first real warm day we had. It was an absolute madhouse, cars to the street in the drive through and about a 15 minute wait on a blizzard inside.

Just think what an old GPS might go for at a live auction full of hunters.

Make sure to add that to your taxes as income to be legal....just saying.. :)

Pretty darn cool. We hit a few in the Texas panhandle on the way up and back...clean facilities with good burgers. Of course there isn't anything better than soft ice cream.

Being a Texan for 34 of my 37 years of life....and now residing in Montana, I have to make it known that DQ outside of Texas is a joke. At least from the food standpoint.....ice cream is ice cream. You want T brand Tacos......not outside of Texas. You want a Dude sandwich....not outside of Texas.

and don't even start me on that nasty shit they call fry sauce. lol

Being a Texan for 34 of my 37 years of life....and now residing in Montana, I have to make it known that DQ outside of Texas is a joke. At least from the food standpoint.....ice cream is ice cream. You want T brand Tacos......not outside of Texas. You want a Dude sandwich....not outside of Texas.

and don't even start me on that nasty shit they call fry sauce. lol

I couldn't opine on that topic of "food;" DQ ice cream being a few steps above "food." I never order the "food" at DQ; waste of money and bigger waste of allowed calories. I could have two blizzards for the calorie cost of one of those souped up things I call condiment delivery platforms (burgers). Add some greasy fries and I could have a second medium vanilla cone.

"Ice cream is ice cream?" Blasphemy, I say.

I've sampled soft serve ice cream across North America, hoping something would appear that rivals DQ. So far, none come close. I feel it is time to end this futile search and just pound more Raspberry Chocolate Truffle Blizzards and be thankful we have such simple pleasures in 'Merica. Second, and a far distant second, is the chocolate/vanilla swirl at Frontier Bait and Tackle in Marcell, MN, much of what I credit to the quality of their cones (seem to be a DQ knock off). Given the DQ in Grand Rapids is only another 24 miles from our family cabin, I will burn the gas for the palate upgrade DQ provides.

We just had Blizzards tonight, the Peanut Butter Extreme was most excellent. I haven't seen the Raspberry Truffle around here for quite some time. Hell, the French Silk Pie is even gone. What's the world coming too?

Before I left Texas to chase big iowa bucks I thought DQ was a Texas thing. Come to find out it's originally from joliet near the quad cities. As well as the soft service ice cream machine was invented right here as well. If I know so much about ice cream could this mean I have a problem?

Now I fully agree about the food being different ouside of Texas.

Last edited:
My dog gets all antsy if we pass a DQ and I don't stop, especially after a long training day or a hunt hahahahaha!! You should see em when we get in line at the drive in, he goes from passed out to sitting perfectly straight up not moving and just staring out his window with a stone cold face

I have been behind the counter at the DQ in Malta, MT with free range on ice cream, toppings and the blizzard machine and it was epic. Family owned and if it wasn't almost 300 miles away I would be in trouble. Food there is pretty good too.

Born, raised, n still reside in San Antonio TX, when I was stationed in NC while in the CORPS I found a DQ, asked for a Dude n they gave me some funny looks to say the least!!!

I have been behind the counter at the DQ in Malta, MT with free range on ice cream, toppings and the blizzard machine and it was epic. Family owned and if it wasn't almost 300 miles away I would be in trouble. Food there is pretty good too.

Your family owns that joint, or did you just work there? I have never, ever, passed by without the appropriate indulgence. It is a big part of why Malta is on my wife's list as a possible retirement locations, with DQ helping balance the scales of immense skeeter numbers and harsh winters when measured against the virtually untouched walleye fishing nearby.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back