Left over Montana elk combos go on sale......

8andcounting

To you guys interested , NR leftover elk combos go on sale two weeks from today on a first come first served basis . Haven't seen the # but I got this official info off fwp site . So for those turned away from the gen deer and big game combos maybe this is a option good luck

Glad to see the good sales numbers for Montana. Great to see hunting alive and well in Montana - its good for the local businesses who benefit from the non-resident traffic.

I just confirmed with MFWP, all Big Game and Deer combo sold out, there are some Elk combo left over and will go on sale May 8th.

I just confirmed with MFWP, all Big Game and Deer combo sold out, there are some Elk combo left over and will go on sale May 8th.

Yup . I'm surprised the big game combos went . $1,000 is a lot to a lot of people me included . But I budget for it and I love montana so I'll do it as long as I can get a tag , which obviously might get tougher . We went 6 for 6 in our group on deer and big game combos so I guess I feel fortunate .

I'm still a little shocked I expected the deer to sell out possibly. But would have never guessed the combo would also. I'm both glad for the state but my selfish side is not happy that it's not as much a backup option now. Still nothing like the 25% odds of a deer tag back fifteen years ago if I remember correctly.

I'm still a little shocked I expected the deer to sell out possibly. But would have never guessed the combo would also. I'm both glad for the state but my selfish side is not happy that it's not as much a backup option now. Still nothing like the 25% odds of a deer tag back fifteen years ago if I remember correctly.

Yeh atleast for the near future I would say draw odds for deer and big game combo will star fairly high

Would it be worth the extra cost to hunt Montana with one of these tags versus going to Colorado on a Otc tag? Worth it being the amount of animals seen and opportunity to get away from the crowds. Didn't draw in my home state so looking to formulate a plan to go elk hunting this fall.

Supposedly there's about 2000 elk combo licenses that they'll sell first come first served.

Does anyone know how the reallocation of the deer and elk tags that are returned works?

There's an alternates list , when u sign up for it they do a draw and give you a number . If there's 50 tags returned and your number 50 your in luck if you draw number 51 your sol

I was completely blown away when 2 out of 3 of us didn't draw the big game combo. Hopefully we can snatch a couple elk combos when they go on sale!

I was completely blown away when 2 out of 3 of us didn't draw the big game combo. Hopefully we can snatch a couple elk combos when they go on sale!

So am I . Sorry to hear that . We went 6 for 6 in our group . Just way it goes . Hopefully you can get a leftover elk tag be ready at 8 am sharp on may 8.

Our Group went 2 for 5. Two guys drew Deer Combo's, 1 Didn't draw a deer combo and 2 didn't draw big game combo's.

May 15th you can add your name to the alternate list according the nice young lady I spoke to this morning.

Our Group went 2 for 5. Two guys drew Deer Combo's, 1 Didn't draw a deer combo and 2 didn't draw big game combo's.

May 15th you can add your name to the alternate list according the nice young lady I spoke to this morning.

Yup I've used the alternate list before signed my brother up one year 7-8 years ago he got a call in august and got a deer combo and got his best muley with that tag so there is hope . If all 3 of you sign up I'd say you have a reasonable shot at getting 1 or even 2 . Hopefully maybe you can pickup some B elk or deer tags and still take your trip . That's the sad part is the guys that were counting on these tags looking forward to the trip . I've already decided that next year if I'm not drawn I'm going to get a elk b tag and still do the trip . Assuming I can still get a region 4 b tag next year which might start trending as well .?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back