Got to hang out with some sheep this weekend. Pics!

BrokenArrow

These guys were on Coalbank pass Saturday evening in S71. They were a little hungry/molty and trying to scavenge some debris off the highway on a very blind corner. So, I gently nudged them back into the dark timber.
I later observed 25 head on the the rock nose opposite the parking area for the Alpine Loop on Red Mtn pass. Turned a boring drive to Grand Junction into a great afternoon. What a fun time of year!
Sorry for the backlit photos. Wasn't sure if I was gonna get out of the truck yet and wanted to get a couple quick ones. The big guy was definitely 3/4 curl. IMG_2774[1].jpgIMG_2775[1].jpgIMG_2773[1].jpgIMG_2771[1].jpgIMG_2770[1].jpg

Last edited:
Very nice pictures, I can't wait for the day I get to see a few of them myself. You guys living in that country are truly blessed.

Goat

I was texted photos of these rams over the weekend. They don't look very good.

Yea, hanging out on the road, in broad daylight didn't bode well. My grainy Iphone pics don't help much either. They looked decent to me, though my past exposure to BH this time of year is very limited. I called CDOW-Durango and offered the biologist my pictures. I hope these guys don't get hit to hard with the upcoming low pressure systems.
BTW, Has everybody bought their RMBS raffle tickets? The drawing is coming up quick. It's for a great cause!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kallcarrty
Back