Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

nebraska merrim turkey

trapperbill

any advice on public hunting for merriam turkey plan on hunting late may in northwest corner

Just got back from there last Sunday. I am happy to report there are turkeys, interesting terrain and an abundance of hunters who seem to just like to drive up and down the road without getting out to take in the sights. Makes those of us who study google earth, hike 10 miles to scout and get up at 3AM for the 4 mile hike in to set up more successful.

t0kXgws.jpg

wnnmCqe.jpg

DvSLbaS.jpg

You gents look like every layer was needed. Chilly successful outing it seems....congratulations.

Awesome pics! I love it up there. On top of turkeys and interesting terrain, there is also a herd of bighorns up that way. I ran into them 4-5 years ago. Was one of the more surreal turkey hunting experiences I've had seeing sheep, sharptails and turkeys in the same hike:

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 1.22.51 PM.jpg

Good looking bird, but I'm not sure how you hike 4 miles in the Pine Ridge without walking across another road or two.

Good looking bird, but I'm not sure how you hike 4 miles in the Pine Ridge without walking across another road or two.

Because of elevation walking further can be faster if you stay on the spines of the ridges, trails in a heavily burned area and fallen area are faster than bushwacking and in certain areas roads that could otherwise access ground more quickly are private.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back