Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana 270-50 mulie tag!!!

CabinetBulls

Hi everyone, I live up in Libby, Montana and I was lucky enough to draw the best mulie tag around. Hoping to find some guys willing to share any info they might know. I'm in good shape and will hunt any terrain looking for a giant buck. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I'm kinda wondering the same what is that like 5 ppl. Great tag congrats on the draw good luck. We would all enjoy the story this fall on HT. I'd get in there and plan some scouting trips being from MT. Again congrats on the draw and beating the long odds.

I heard the MTFWP issued 275 bucks tags for this unit in 2017, expect lots of company this fall. They are also increasing the number of elk B licenses.

I heard the MTFWP issued 275 bucks tags for this unit in 2017, expect lots of company this fall. They are also increasing the number of elk B licenses.

No,,,, 45 mule deer buck permits in HD270, also HD 270 has antlerless permits not B licenses.

I will have trouble getting down there too many times as wife and kids always seem to have other things going on, but I will definitely be going. Just figured someone on here knows way more than I do about the area and would be willing to give me a starting point.

I will have trouble getting down there too many times as wife and kids always seem to have other things going on, but I will definitely be going. Just figured someone on here knows way more than I do about the area and would be willing to give me a starting point.

I have spent my lifetime hunting in HD 270. I've hunted legally for 33 years and will be in there this year looking for the same buck that your dreaming about. tjones, myself and my kid have all drawn this tag and will work accordingly to fill it. The starting point would be the Skalkaho Y to the Idaho line on Lost Trail pass. Everything to the East. Good luck to you on your endeavor.

I got the joke. Just figured someone might help out a normal hunter who drew the tag of a lifetime. I'm not expecting someone else who has the tag to tell me anything. I will work as hard as anyone to get this done, but will have limitations that someone who has hunted it for 33 years won't have. But to tell me that what anyone can see on a hunting district map is a starting point???? Why post anything at all? Good luck to you too and I hope you guys all find what you are looking for. As of now I'll keep looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

I think the point is every year after every draw, this forum gets hit hard with posts like yours. When a guy has spent a lifetime in the unit, and decades trying to draw the permit it's a bit hard to lend help to a guy that's never set foot in the unit then starts with internet scouting.

Good luck to you.

I have some places in mind, and i totally get why someone with a tag would be tight lipped. It's a very difficult tag to draw and it's unfortunate the way it works out some times. the internet is all a guy like me has until I can put my boots on the ground down there, so just thought I'd ask around. I know a couple guys in the area and im confident that they will give me solid info, but if I could I'd know every inch of that place I would. it really is a once in a lifetime tag so i just want to leave no stone unturned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back