Rangefinder

Remington1

Looking to upgrade from my old Leica rangefinder which only ranges out to 800 yards. I went to my local sporting stores and seen the sig kilo 2200 for the price of 499.99. Unable to find to many reviews or videos of them on YouTube. I was just wondering if i should buy from sig and how good of quality there range finders are?

I have the Sig Kilo 2000 from last year. It's the best value on the market. It ranges well past a kilometer. I haven't used one that performed better (including the Leica 1600). I'm guessing the new one is even better.

Sig kilo 2000

Terrible picture but it was tough to hold rangefinder and phone to take picture

I was wondering the same thing about the 2200. Wondering if it's worth the extra $100 for the 2200 or just get the 2000.

Ranging a "deer sized" target at 1000+ yards is very tough for a variety of reasons. I think the sig is very capable of doing it. But it's not clear what you're really ranging at those distances. Its often ranging terrain features instead. But that's operator error too. Tough to hold on a deer.

I regularly range steel gongs at 800. No issues. But steel is different.

Never had any problems with game at what I call "practical" hunting ranges. And I've tried many name brand rangefinders that fall flat at 300-400 yards in open terrain.

I have a sig. It has a somewhat large beam divergence, but manageable for anything I can see needing in the field ever. I also have a lieca 1500 scan, and the SIG is WAY better.

The Sig's that work well are easily the best bang for the buck. Unfortunately there is a pretty wide variability in performance unit to unit. I've used some stellar ones, but my personal one is at Sig, hopefully getting fixed. Based on a limited sample size, this is not uncommon. If possible, I suggest buying a unit you can try in person before buying.

Unless you are planning on ultra long range shooting the SIG 2000 is an awful good deal for a rangefinder. I bought the Leica when I upgraded from my Nikon 800 and love it, but if I had to pay for a replacement I'd buy the Kilo 2000. For my elk hunting in open spaces it is nice to know do I need to snak over one ridge or 2 to get in realistic shooting range.

The Sig's that work well are easily the best bang for the buck. Unfortunately there is a pretty wide variability in performance unit to unit. I've used some stellar ones, but my personal one is at Sig, hopefully getting fixed. Based on a limited sample size, this is not uncommon. If possible, I suggest buying a unit you can try in person before buying.
Carl- did yours work great until it didn't, or was it bad from the start?

Has anyone tried the Vortex rangefinders, and can you compare them to the Sig? The prices (on sale at Cabela's right now) are comparable. I'm leaning toward the Sig based on what everyone here has said.

I am biased.....but I think you will find the Vortex will only range half as far and not nearly as quickly. If you guys like the 2200.....you would LOVE, the new Kilo 2400. Hands down the best rangefinder I have used....coming from a guy who literally has sold thousands of rangefinder a year for over a decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back