Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

#055-Keep It Public

hank4elk

Excellent podcast!!
Just finished listening & I can totally relate to where you are coming from Randy. We have more in common than I thought and so do your 2 guests. But then I kinda knew that in the end.

Have a Keep It Public flag sticker on my truck.

The discussion about the politicization of public lands which was really interesting to me. I don't think public lands are the only issue that has been politicized over the years and this phenomena seems to be worsening.

My wife, who is generally conservative but ambivalent about hunting, was finally convinced to use the #keepitpublic on instagram. But when she clicked on it there was a video from the science march showing people with signs insulting faith and people of faith. We both had to overcome the initial unpleasantness and agree that we will have to be comfortable with people who don't agree with us on other issues if we are to come together on issues where we do agree.

It seems like every issue gets used and abused by the political machine in order to divide us. I strongly support the endeavor to keep this from happening to public lands.

Saw this shared on Facebook today. Haven't gotten through all of it yet and I'm all for keeping public, public. Hopefully people smarter than me can figure out what is right and what is B.S.
http://federalistpress.com/becky-lockhart-western-lands-must-be-returned-to-states.php

I would love to see the Utah delegation go to court based on the ideas floated around in that piece. It would be a judicial whitewash that would put this entire issue to bed for a couple generations.

Knowing they would lose in court and prove to the world they are wrong, the Utah delegation and their sympathizers are now trying their best to accomplish this legislatively.

As to your request/question, I don't fall into the "smarter" category, but having researched the issue and spoke to many legal experts on the topic, I can assure you what is written in that linked article falls into the B.S. category. The fact they have abandoned any judicial effort to accomplish their desires confirms that their legal experts have given them the same opinion.

Hey guys,

First, let us say thank you for the kind words, and thanks to Randy for inviting us on the podcast. We certainly don't have to tell you guys how fantastic he has been in the public land debate, especially among hunters.

Second, we're so pleased to see forums like this with a dedicated community responding to and delving into the nuances of the public land debate. As you heard ad nauseam on the podcast, we think it's way too easy to play political football these days, and we sure as hell don't want our public lands being that football. We've had some "enthusiastic" political debates among the KIP family, but at the end of the day we know we see eye to eye on federally managed public land and all work together to protect what is ours. It's the same with hunters, anglers, hikers, bikers, ranchers, skiers...and on and on. We'll all lose if land is transferred. Anyway, preaching to the choir here :).

Many thanks for the support. Happy hunting.

-Keep It Public

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back