MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Tagged out in NC on Friday

DRS

Finally got on some gobblers without hens. This one and another were about 250 yds. across a field but could not see my decoys and setup because of a rise in the field. They would gobble at my calls but not budge for an hour. I thought they had left the field, but when I moved to try to cut them off I saw they were still there. I was able to reposition about 150 yds away and it took a while but I eventually called them in with a mouth call and some leaf scratching. He was not very heavy. I estimated about 17 lb. 10.25" beard and pretty good 1.25" spurs.

I don't know if this qualifies as a limbhanger, but this was all that was readily available. Works for me.

Last edited:
Good work!! Read your post quick and got to the part where u said he wasnt heavy, my mind glossed it over as "happy". Started laughing thinking that after seeing the end result, i bet he wasnt hahaha

The leaf scratching trick is way under utilized. Congratulations

Yep, I've used it to seal the deal on several gobblers. The two on Friday got to about 100 yds out and all of a sudden started acting really antsy. I eased my right hand behind me and scratched several times and they calmed right down and continued to slowly work toward me.

Back