30-30 Marlin Scope

Digital10

Thinking about picking up a 30-30 Marlin...I have a much older 3X9 Bushnell Banner scope. Would this be suitable for the rifle if I wanted to use it as a ranch rifle that would be used for a random coyote and an occasional deer?
If not, what would be a decent scope for a .30-30. I have good glass on my "real" hunting rifles and really don't want to go all out for this one.

I love my 30-30! I opted for a Leupold Scout scope on mine. 2.5X with extended eye relief for quick target acquisition. It's a killer!

It's a couple hundred bucks but will last for the life of the rifle and will make the rifle one of your favorite "real" hunting rifles. Just saying....

I love my 30-30! I opted for a Leupold Scout scope on mine. 2.5X with extended eye relief for quick target acquisition. It's a killer!

It's a couple hundred bucks but will last for the life of the rifle and will make the rifle one of your favorite "real" hunting rifles. Just saying....

Is that a fixed scope?
What's the range on your .30-30?

I have a marlin 30-30 with an old simmons (back when they were decent) 3-9x32 mounted with weaver see through rings so I can still use the iron sights. That's a nice wolf by the way!

The Banner will work just fine, as long as you don't mess around and start cranking it up. 3X - 5X is all you'll need for hunting purposes. I had a Redfield fixed 4X on my Marlin 35 Rem and it served very well.

Joe I absolutely love your set up. What base are you using on your 94'. There's a Leupy scout scope sitting at my shope no one wants and I was contemplating this very thing for my 94'. Great work and a great wolf!

Since you already have the scope you 3x9 is more than adequate because your 30-30 is not a long range gun. No need to magnify a critter way out there.

I love that setup. Are there any times you regretted not getting a variable

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back