Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Iowa tom

pointingdogsrule

Well I usually don't hunt turkeys this early in the year. As I get older I like the warmer weather :) With a hernia surgery coming next Wednesday I thought that I might as well get out there. I had been watching a nice flock (10 -12 toms and hens on a farmers field). As luck would have it they flew down and strutted around at 300 - 400 yards. I had to be at work by 7:30 and thought that it would never happen. Well a aggressive tom separated from the pack to challenge a Jake that was following a hen close to me. After what seemed like an eternity the Jake worked his way towards my decoys and that was the end of the story, as the tom raced to get there first. Nice close 10 yard shot at 7:07. Enough time to get to my first client. 24 lbs, 1 1/8 spurs, beard was only 10 inches long, however, it is very thick and heavy.

Hope that surgery goes well as I plan to get to Wyoming, Nebraska and South Dakota in two weeks to do some "easy hunting of birds". Anyone have this surgery and any suggestions?? I hope to take it easy (hard for me to do).

good luck to all
the dog

attachment.php

Great bird! I had an inguinal hernia repaired 5 years ago. The first week was really rough but steadily got better after that. I was off of work for six weeks but was up and moving after the first week. Good luck with the surgery and turkey hunting.

Super!

You know those owners that don't listen to your veterinarian instructions??.....don't be that guy. Heal well

Nice bird !! A word of caution regarding your upcoming surgery. My brother-in-law has had three hernia surgeries. He blew out the first two after ignoring the Dr. and not letting it heal before becoming too active again. I suggest asking the Dr.'s opinion regarding your hunting plans.

Nice bird !! A word of caution regarding your upcoming surgery. My brother-in-law has had three hernia surgeries. He blew out the first two after ignoring the Dr. and not letting it heal before becoming too active again. I suggest asking the Dr.'s opinion regarding your hunting plans.

This is good advice. I got a buddy that did the same thing twice as well.

Also, Nice tom. I've only been out a few times with the kids and this past weekend with my bow. Birds were going crazy yesterday but henned up and I've been in the wrong spot for fly down.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back