Tax Payment ?

chadv

I did my sons taxes in Feb and he ended up owing $550.00. He sent in a check in at that time and when it didn't get cashed right away we figured it would April 15th(18) It still has not been cashed. My question is should we be concerned that it was lost or is this normal government delay.

I'm on the opposite side, submitted a refund to MT in January still waiting for a deposit to hit my account. I got my federal in 8 days. Maybe states shouldn't be in charge of some things ;)

State of New Mexico is broke. Told my wife not to expect an early refund. The state made me a liar. I owed the feds. Did not have to pony up 30,000. I owed an additional grand. Paid the feds about 30 grand total. Do are best to keep refunds and debits less than a grand. Lately, have done well.

Used to hurt. Not any more. Just pay the taxes.

State of New Mexico is broke. Told my wife not to expect an early refund. The state made me a liar. I owed the feds. Did not have to pony up 30,000. I owed an additional grand. Paid the feds about 30,000 total. Do are best to keep refunds and debits less than a grand. Lately, have done well.

Used to hurt. Not any more. Just pay the taxes.

i'm not sure who to call but i'd be calling someone monday morning.

i'm self employed so pay quarterly and I don't think it's ever more than a week maybe 10days max between when it leaves my mailbox and when the funds are removed from my account. government isn't usually a speedy organization, except when it comes to cashing checks

The IRS finally got back to my boy. They said the account was "return account closed" whatever that means. He went online and took care of it with a check from the same account. Thanks for the advice.

Back