FS: Win 70 Extreme Weather *7STW*

T Bone

Letting it go to a good home only for $1025 shipped to your FFL from private individual in lower 48, AK may be a touch more.

Winchester 70 Extreme Weather in 7 Shooting Times Westerner. Who doesn't like 175 grainers at 3100fps?

-Excellent condition
-It is a factory 7 Rem Mag punched to 7STW by a Gunnison CO smith.
-MOA trigger adjusted down to a clean, crisp 3 pounds
-Factory rifle except for the chamber ream.
-Fired 40 rounds. Owner reported 1" groups with factory ammo. I'm sure there is better to be had with reloading.
-Never hunted
-a few very small marks on stock, they don't show in pics, but they are there.
-26" barrel, factory fluted
-13 3/4" LOP
-CRF
-includes Leup bases
-I believe this is a South Carolina made rifle. It says "made in USA"
- Serial 35AMN20xxx
- barrel stamp 7mm Rem Mag correctly milled out "Rem" and restamped 7mm STW Mag
- I'll throw in a box of Federal Premium 160 grn
- Factory Federal 160 grn has about 3/8" of room in the mag box for finding the sweet spot.
-3 day, non firing inspection.

I bought this with the thought of loading 175-180 grains slick bullets and going long range....havn't touched it. Original owner had it punched to 7STW and fired it 40 times before he moved on to something new.

I own it's little sister 70 EW in 270wsm. These are high quality rifles!

Not too long ago, brass and ammo was hard to find, but a quick search today shows many, many options for brass and ammo.

Posted on other websites as well.

$1025 shipped to your FFL in lower 48. AK may be a bit more.
Payment by USPS MO, unless I know you then anything is good.

That era of Extreme Weather rifles are examples of some fine rifle building. 7 Rem Mag is versatile. 7 STW is versatilER.

What is the 7mm STW?
Overview
Designed by Shooting Times gun writer Layne Simpson in 1988, the 7mm STW (Shooting Times Westerner) is based on the original 8mm Remington Magnum necked down to 7mm (28 caliber).

This cartridge takes full advantage of the 3.65-inch magazine length of the long-action Remington Model 700 rifle. The 7mm STW has impressive velocity potential and can deliver good ballistics with a variety of bullets and powders.

It's a belted 7 mag that can bench press 400. Fine round....curious as to how it'd marry up with a 195 Berger Elite Hunter. You looked at twist compatibility with the long heavies T bone?

I absolutely love my 7mm stw. That is a sweet looking rifle gonna make someone a great gun.

It's a belted 7 mag that can bench press 400. Fine round....curious as to how it'd marry up with a 195 Berger Elite Hunter. You looked at twist compatibility with the long heavies T bone?

it has a 1-9.5 twist. bearing surface is long on the 195's. couldn't hurt to try. All this talk makes me think I should just get that fire breather dialed in and hunt it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back